I'm New!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

JJJPK

I'm New!

Post by JJJPK » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:37 pm

Here's my story if anyone out there cares.

I'm a fifteen year old. I'm not overweight. I've always been pretty active. But, my relationship with food hasn't ever been very good. I went through vicious phases of binge eating, and then fasting. It went round and round until last Thursday, when I had a monstrous binge and decided, I'd had enough. I thought to myself, "No more binging, no more snacks." Feeling very hungry and more than a little depressed this morning (waiting OH so impatiently for it to be lunch time!) I googled, "Will not eating snacks make you skinnier?" I found your site...and fell in love. I realized, "I'm not the only one!" and "I'm already doing this!" and "Oh, 'S' days, I can totally do this!" and just that it plain makes sense. It's (as the page says) not a war with food.

How I've been doing:
Well, mentally I feel great! I've been binge free for an entire week, (whoop whoop! :D ) no guilt! Plus, I REALLY REALLY REALLY enjoy my meals now. Eating is much more purposeful, and my relationship with food is no longer a checkered one. All that said, it has been hard. Typically I eat breakfast at 7:00 A.M., lunch at 12:00 P.M. and Dinner at 4:00 P.M. I go to bed at 10:00 P.M. (Give or take). I've found the hardest time is after dinner. I want to be social and sit and talk and watch television with my family, and they're all eating popcorn and chocolate and I'm just like :cry: . But, I've been holding fast, so far...fingers crossed. Also, I work out six times an week and that's pretty nice because you don't even want to THINK about food while on a treadmill or banging out some squats. I typically start to get hungry about two or three hours after a meal.

Summing up: Not that any one really cares that much but there you have it! Basically I just wanted to say that I'm SO glad there's a support group, for upcoming struggles, and I'm really looking forward to getting to know all you fine people! Any tips for me as a newbie?

Na razie! :)
Na Razie!
JJJPK