All-time Top Discussions (aka 'the sticky of stickies')

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

reinhard
Site Admin

All-time Top Discussions (aka 'the sticky of stickies')

Post by reinhard » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:06 am

We've had so many candidates for promotion to "sticky," easy-to-find discussion threads that we'd bury any new topics if I went ahead and actually made them all sticky. This is a good problem! But a problem nonetheless...

So for now, this is what I'm going to do: reduce the number of current sticky notes to a bare minimum and make this sticky note a hub for other, 2nd degree sticky notes. It'll be a sticky note of sticky notes.

I'll seed it with the existing sticky notes I'm retiring from the front page, but please nominate additional "sticky" discussions in replies below, and I'll edit this note to give discussions that generate a critical mass of enthusiasm top billing here.

Without further ado, the top discussions on this bulletin board, that you should really have a look at if you haven't already:
  • No S "mods" (add yours!) Vanilla No-S not cutting it for you? Click here to see what tweaks and modifications others have made and share your won.
  • No S Diet Blogs (add yours too!) This is not the only No S site! There are many more cropping up, some of them quite good. Discover them here and announce your own.
  • Phases of No-S (as I see them) Very thoughtful post and subsequent discussion on big picture No-s issues by pillar of the No S community, KCCC.
  • Intelligent Dietary Defaults (add yours!) Intelligent Dietary Defaults are a great way of supporting no-s without adding addition hard rules. In this thread people discuss default food options for various meals that balance competing concerns of health, taste, and convenience. Be inspired and share yours!
  • No S Catch Phrase Glossary (add yours!) Share mottos, mantras and assorted catchy wisdom related to diet and self-discipline. I'm increasingly a fan of this kind of thing, in all realms of activity.
  • Why did you leave? Why are you back? Discussion group for No-S prodigal sons and daughters to announce and discuss their return (and be enthusiastically welcomed back by the rest of us).
Oh, and if this turns out to be a horrible idea and people hate it, we can always go back to the status quo ante of slightly too many stickies / not quite enough.

Reinhard
Last edited by reinhard on Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:28 am

Nice one!
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu May 19, 2016 3:48 pm

Is this sticky of stickies working?

I'm getting the sense that people aren't visiting these formerly "first degree" sticky threads nearly as much....

Thoughts anyone?

Reinhard

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Thu May 19, 2016 5:35 pm

me again - I don't personally visit any of those threads (I don't think!) and am more likely to check in on a recently active thread at the top of the list - indicated by the 'new post' icon thingy
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue May 31, 2016 2:52 pm

No sure how we would know. I don't check them unless there is a new post that I get alerted about. Would that still happen?

I'd say maybe there should be part of the title of the thread that says Read This Second (after the etiquette thread), but since people often don't follow directions anyway, that might be futile.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:36 am

I don't think this is working because people keep coming on the general board and saying "I'm back!" rather than going to the sticky for it.

I still think the returners thread should be a sticky... :)
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)