Reluctantly I have bought bigger tops ...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Mustloseweight

Reluctantly I have bought bigger tops ...

Post by Mustloseweight » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:37 pm

I have gone out today and bought bigger tops to go with my huge jeans. All the items were bought from a local charity shop where all money raised supports our local hospice. I cannot stand being so uncomfortable in tight clothes and realise that I have got to try and like myself as I am at all stages of this 'journey'. I bought a book that supports the No S principles and it has 80 recipes that I hope will inspire me to inject something new and different into our currently very boring meal rotations. I have gone out and bought things like olives, avocado, baby spinach leaves, etc etc in the hope that if my food contains more nutrition then I won't be constantly hungry because I am eating only empty calories and my body is not getting fed in terms of what it needs to repair and maintain itself.

I am so fed up with my weight now that I am not posting on these boards hardly at all as I don't want to poison you all with negativity! I have gone up another stone, have heartburn in the night and now also at times during the day. My back hurts when I walk too far. O me miserum!!!!

Anyhow, hope everyone is OK and I wish you all a good day tomorrow.
September 2017 - Starting weight: 19st 9lbs
March 2018 - 17st 2lbs
July 2018 - 16st 4lbs
July 2020 - 17st 10lbs 😟
Target Weight: 11 stones

minimizer

Post by minimizer » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:50 pm

I agree that it's important to try to make most of what we eat be nutrient dense foods. That's what I certainly try to do.

Bullisaba

Post by Bullisaba » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:30 am

It might be helpful to post on this board even if you are feeling negative. I'm sure we will not be poisoned :D

Good on you for trying something new. I love all the ingredients you have listed. I go through phases of eating different foods. At the moment I am loving roasted brusells sprouts. My partner won a seafood tray at the raffles yesterday so I am having prawns for lunch, yummmmm.

Merry

Post by Merry » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:28 am

I agree, you need to post when you are feeling discouraged--we're all here to encourage each other in this difficult journey!

Your ingredients sound delish. If you find a new recipe that you like, post away--maybe others would like it too :-). I've often thought we should share more recipes of foods we enjoy. I get in a rut so easily too.

Anyway, glad you are back and posting, and sorry to hear about the weight gain and heartburn. Hopefully getting back on NoS will help relieve the heartburn and help you get back on track with losing weight. Be gentle with yourself and focus on habit. You can do this!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:43 am

Could you start a check in thread? Then both your tough moments and your wins are there for you to see, and for others to encourage you. It's always easiest for me to stick on habit when I'm checking in here.

We know that everything isn't always sunshine and roses - you don't have to be Pollyanna to post here.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon May 02, 2016 4:09 am

I got into the habit of buying clothes at thrift stores when I felt so heavy and now still do six years in! I'm actually grieving a bit that I lost more weight recently and a bunch of clothes I got for only a dollar each don't fit anymore. Where will I find such bargains again? Poor me. But DO buy clothes you feel comfortable in, and that flatter as well as you can find. I felt that I looked good all the way down!

Not sure you won't get hungry eating even good quality food. You will have to learn how much of what you need over time. Can be learned only through experience! But quality food makes a big difference in health over time.

Stick with us! It is very easy to feel disgusted at times and feel very committed only to feel weak and vulnerable later. That is the nature of feelings; they change. But habits can overcome shifting feelings. Commit to habits because you know they are reasonable and sustainable, no matter how you feel at any one moment.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

leafy_greens

Post by leafy_greens » Tue May 03, 2016 2:51 pm

Even when I was at my lowest weight I didn't like wearing tight clothes. It's all about comfort. :lol:
"No S IS hard... It just turns out that everything else is harder." -oolala53