Food judgments that make no sense

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Joyday

Food judgments that make no sense

Post by Joyday » Tue May 17, 2016 9:42 am

I recently had a conversation with someone who was appalled that his colleague was eating chips for breakfast one day. I thought about it and said "well it's no different than hash browns. Potatoes cooked in fat with salt." .

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Wed May 18, 2016 2:58 am

Haha. True! I would really make them disgusted. I often eat leftovers and non breakfast foods for breakfast. Yesterday I had a salad for breakfast. I love toast and eggs and all that but sometimes I want something different. I've also been known to have m&m's and mtn dew breakfast. I'm not proud of that, just making a confession.

Merry

Post by Merry » Wed May 18, 2016 5:06 am

LOL, true!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

goodcooker1

Post by goodcooker1 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:39 pm

I had left over Taco salad for breakfast this morning. :D

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Fri May 20, 2016 1:55 am

I work with a varied office of expats from around the world. My Asian colleagues often eat a warm savoury meal at breakfast, and are horrified by my cold and / or milky meal. Doesn't it make you feel sick? they worry.

There's a great article about children's breakfasts around the world somewhere.

Also, wasn't bacon & egg brekky meant to be some kind of invention of a pork promotion board?