Praise for NO S in another blog

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Quick Bites

Praise for NO S in another blog

Post by Quick Bites » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:22 pm

I wanted to share this blog post that gives NO S praise! Love to hear how Reinhardt is getting credit in so many places! The entire article is also very good, and encourages how and why a NO S type approach is so successful.

http://www.eatlikeanormalperson.com/how ... vereating/

Here is the specific excerpt from the post mentioning NO S:

"It is also a simplification of the stunning work of Reinhard Engels, author of the No S Diet (available from Amazon) who advocates a ‘program of systematic moderation’ that guides people into a normal eating pattern with three rules (no snacks, no sweets, no seconds) and one exception (except on special days and those that start with ‘S’). As you can see from the Amazon link above, the reviews for this book are outstanding, with many of his followers awed at the peace and normality it returns to their eating. Reinhard describes his system as ‘a framework for controlling excess’. In my view, the primary reason that this method works is that it becomes almost impossible for people to consume an ‘addictive meal’ ".

Linda

LifeisaBlessing

Post by LifeisaBlessing » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:56 pm

Quick Bites--the blog post was a very interesting read! Thanks for posting. :)
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean

The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective.
~El Fug, on the NoS Diet

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:37 pm

Wow, thank you for relaying this!

Blog has a great name, too.

Emmama

Post by Emmama » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:23 am

reinhard wrote:Wow, thank you for relaying this!

Blog has a great name, too.
I found Reinhard's approach via the praise on this blog, too. I think I literally googled "Eat like a normal person" and boom!

knitapeace

Post by knitapeace » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:16 pm

I've been going back to this blog daily since it was posted here. Partly because there is just a LOT to digest over there, but also to try and cement the concept into my head. Unfortunately I think that's part of my semi-obsessive behavior over weight loss and nutrition, having to read and reread the concepts over and over instead of just DOING what needs to be done. But visiting daily is helping me absorb new ideas, namely that desiring unhealthy food is an addiction that can be broken and fairly easily at that.

Trying! :)
Everything I need, I already have.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:24 pm

I dunno, I ate a lot of what I think the author would call "addictive meals" over the years, but thankfully, the rest of them won out.

I, too, still feel too consumed with this topic, but I can't put that on anyone else. :roll:

It has been much harder to try to find replacement activities for this than it has been to eat moderately, even with some continued challenges. But I'm still incredibly grateful for the benefits I've received from No S and am convinced nothing else, except possibly an intense health scare, or lucking out to find a wonderfully satisfying lifestyle, would have feasibly cured me any better or sooner. But even then, there are people on the net who have jobs they love and families they adore who still struggle with this dang food thang because the culture has been led so far away by processed food pushers and habit-unfriendly regimens of the diet industry.

But I digress. This about kudos to Reinhard!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Shuggernaut

Post by Shuggernaut » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:21 pm

Thanks for sharing. This approach to healthy eating really does coincide nicely with the No-S habit, and I especially appreciate the author's emphasis on "nourishment." When weight loss is the goal, it is tempting to gravitate (pun intended) toward lighter fare, but these diet-ish meals tend to be unsatisfying, and eventually cause one to fall off the wagon. Simply eating three nourishing (and satisfying) meals per day can leave the appetite perfectly sated, while keeping total caloric intake at enough of a deficit to bring about gradual, healthy, sustainable weight loss.