Can a healthy person use this?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

nediswizard

Can a healthy person use this?

Post by nediswizard » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:27 pm

I was wondering if a normal weight person could use this to maintain a healthy weight. Thank you!

Shuggernaut

Post by Shuggernaut » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:07 pm

I think many people maintain a normal, healthy weight by following the basic principles of No-S, whether or not they realize they're doing it ;)!
Last edited by Shuggernaut on Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:56 pm

I would think so. It's modeled after how "normal, healthy" weight people tend to eat.

If you have nothing to lose, No S is a great insurance policy. It might also make you feel more in control and enjoy your food more.
If you have something to lose, No S will get you there a most pleasant, sustainable, healthy way.
If you are too skinny -- well, talk to your doctor, but I suspect solid, meal based eating like no-s prescribed might be just what he/she orders.

Reinhard

LifeisaBlessing

Post by LifeisaBlessing » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:42 pm

Absolutely! :) NoS can be used for both weight maintenance and weight loss. I started a modified version of NoS at a "normal" weight for my height (122-125 lbs., 5'5"), and got down to 115 lbs. I'm now using my modified version to maintain my weight loss. I also could've used NoS to maintain my higher/"normal" weight, just by simply increasing the amounts of food I had during my meals. The beauty of NoS is that it is super-easy to adjust to fit your needs.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean

The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective.
~El Fug, on the NoS Diet

Merry

Re: Can a healthy person use this?

Post by Merry » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:47 pm

nediswizard wrote:I was wondering if a normal weight person could use this to maintain a healthy weight. Thank you!
Yes! One of the things I love about No-S is that it STARTS with the same plan that you will use for maintenance. I look at it as, this is how I will eat for the rest of my life--it's a very doable, workable plan.
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

Rikki

Post by Rikki » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:11 am

I can testify as a person with a steady BMI of 20. It's very doable! For me, the key is to fill myself up on plenty of nourishing, real food :) Best of luck!

ellemn

I think so!

Post by ellemn » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:53 pm

I'm a healthy weight, and I'm just starting the no S diet plan as a way to maintain weight / cut back on sugar / maybe lose a few pounds in the long term.

Mostly, I want to stop feeling guilty about eating so many sweets during my sedentary workdays. I also want to feel like I can ignore the magazines and the media - not think I should go on a super restrictive diet to get a flat stomach in 20 days. I just want feel like the food / eating area of my life is sort of handled, like I've got a plan in place, so I don't need to worry or obsess. And, you know, I wouldn't mind if I lost 10 lbs or so. :)
“Ask what makes you come alive and go do it.”
― Howard Thurman

Merry

Re: I think so!

Post by Merry » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:35 am

ellemn wrote:I'm a healthy weight, and I'm just starting the no S diet plan as a way to maintain weight / cut back on sugar / maybe lose a few pounds in the long term.

Mostly, I want to stop feeling guilty about eating so many sweets during my sedentary workdays. I also want to feel like I can ignore the magazines and the media - not think I should go on a super restrictive diet to get a flat stomach in 20 days. I just want feel like the food / eating area of my life is sort of handled, like I've got a plan in place, so I don't need to worry or obsess. And, you know, I wouldn't mind if I lost 10 lbs or so. :)
Welcome, Ellemn!

Our culture really does inundate us with media about all kinds of diets!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

ellemn

Post by ellemn » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:17 am

Thanks so much, Merry!

It's good to be here. :)

I'm just 2 days in and definitely already looking forward to my S days!

That stretch from lunch to dinner is haarrd! I miss my snack break at work, and the cake at the work birthday celebration. Skipping the before bed snacks was tough too. Oof.

But so far I like that my meals are real meals. I get to actually sit down and look at a plate rather than just graze a bunch of random stuff straight from the cupboard or fridge. I could see this helping me enjoy my food more and become a better cook.
“Ask what makes you come alive and go do it.”
― Howard Thurman

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:05 pm

Vive real meals.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Over43

Post by Over43 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:31 pm

Of course...
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79