Body is having trouble adjusting?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

This_is_it

Body is having trouble adjusting?

Post by This_is_it » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:22 am

Hi, I'm new on the boards. I'm from the Netherlands so my English writing may not be 100% accurate but i hope you understand :lol: .

I'm trying to accept the nos diet as my new lifestyle because my bmi is 26 and i want to try and lower this in a sane way. And this diet is making so much sense. But i'm having some troubles. Maybe someone can help me with this: Between meals, I get hungry and not only that but i also suffer from heartburn . And there's an other annoying problem . Several hours after a meal I get bad breath :oops: :oops: . Maybe because of the empty stomach. Does anybody recognize this?

ps; I rarely have problems with heartburn before and went to see a doctor. She gave me some pills (to use for a month) and told me to eat more frequent :roll: .

noni

Post by noni » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:21 pm

Welcome!

I had a lot of heartburn before no S. Three meals a day with no sweets M-F did the trick for me. But it took a few weeks for my digestive system to adjust. Even though I enjoy some sweets on weekends, it doesn't come back.

My heartburn did come back when I forsook no S. Now, sometimes when I get an, 'I don't care what I weigh' attitude, I think about the acid reflux and I'm back on the wagon.

I hope you'll give it a go. It would be good not to take those pills for very long. I heard they cause kidney problems, but I never researched it.

Don't forget to drink water. I also drink 1 TBS of organic apple cider vinegar mixed with 1/2 cup of water, through a straw (to avoid damaging teeth). It's sounds contrary, but that I did research, and it has helped, but not as much as the No S diet.

HappyHiker

Post by HappyHiker » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:37 pm

If your doctor told you to eat more frequently, then it's still canonical No S to eat more than three meals a day.

If you need to eat 5 meals a day for medical reasons, then just use smaller plates. There is a section on the main diet page about that. Eating a mini-meal is very different from diving into a bag of chips in the middle of the afternoon. They should be considered meals and put on a plate, and your other meals should be on smaller plates as well to compensate.

Good luck!

Edit: Since it's not life-threatening (like diabetes), I would probably do as Noni suggests and see if your body adjusts, because eating mini-meals forever does not appeal to me, but to each their own.

ellemn

Post by ellemn » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:29 pm

I've had the same experience - I just started NoS. I rarely had heartburn before, but in the last week, I've had it a bunch. For me, it hasn't been bad at all, but it is noticeable.

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that my body us used to eating lot of small meals and snacks - digesting small amounts frequently (like constantly), rather than 3 larger meals.

I'm going to give my body a few weeks and see if it adjusts. If not, I'll go to the doctor (or adjust my eating)
“Ask what makes you come alive and go do it.”
― Howard Thurman

This_is_it

Post by This_is_it » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:36 pm

Yes, i'm absolutely going to give it a try. What i most like about the nos diet is the 3 plates a day thing. "Only" 3 moments that i need to think about food will give me so much freedom. In my childhood this was the way i ate until my early twenties. Then i started snacking and sometimes overeating. I'm now 42 and it is about time that i put things right. 8)

This_is_it

Post by This_is_it » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:39 pm

Ellemn, i'm doing the nos diet for 6 weeks now and the problem started after 4 weeks or so.

This_is_it

Post by This_is_it » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:06 am

My stomach is feeling much better the last few days. This week the N-days were all green :D . So that is great.
I'm now enjoying the S-days.
I'm so glad i found the right diet for me. Something i can do for the rest of my life. Who knew it could be so "simple".

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:51 am

Brilliant! I'm so happy to read that you are now getting on OK with the NO S.
:D
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

Merry

Post by Merry » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:49 am

This_is_it wrote:My stomach is feeling much better the last few days. This week the N-days were all green :D . So that is great.
I'm now enjoying the S-days.
I'm so glad i found the right diet for me. Something i can do for the rest of my life. Who knew it could be so "simple".
So glad you are feeling better!

I know what you mean, I love the simplicity and maintain-ability of NoS!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation