Celebrating 1 year

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Big Phil

Celebrating 1 year

Post by Big Phil » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:05 am

Hi All,
The first mention of No-S in my diary is July 18th last year so I have been "during" for one year now. I was 107kg (235.4lbs) and am now 99kg (217.8lbs), a loss of 8 kg or 17.6lbs. I am down from BMI 28.2 to BMI 26 (I am 195cm tall, a bit over 6'4", to save you working it out).
Even though the weight loss is not the most dramatic you have ever heard of I have been shugging for around the same time as well, so I have lost more than 17lbs of fat because I gained muscle. My waist is down from around 39 inches to 36.5.
As the gauntlet has been thrown down by Silverfish I will try to post photos if I get the balls and can be bothered!
If I lose as much in the next year I will be as lean as a Reinhard, as they say in the classics. I think this year I will start counting wins versus losses in the baseball fashion as suggested on this forum previously. I haven't been able to Urban Ranger as much as I would like due to work and want to improve that this year. My goal is to get a 20lb sledge and use that as well, but no rush - everything else changes in life so quickly these days it is good to have a constant.
My message is if you are lurking and thinking about NoS/shovelglove/urban ranger - get amongst it! It is far too easy and sensible to miss out on.
Thanks Reinhard for putting this out there and maintaining the site, and thanks everyone else for contributing to the forum, I really enjoy it.

May you all be healthy, wealthy and wise,
Yours Sincerely,

Phillip Elliott.

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:22 am

CONGRATULATIONS on your kg and cm losses - that is amazing.

Please bother to post some photo's, it is a great inspiration to see how you guys are doing.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:33 pm

Phil Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Anniversary and those are some fantastic stats!!!!!!

Looking forward to the photos!!!!

Hey, now that Kathleen, and possibly you too (get the ballzzzz) and I have online before and during photos (I have mine somewhere on this board... hmm) maybe Reinhard will finally start a before and during gallery!

Have a great day! I bet you will!!!!
I've really enjoyed your positive vibes here Phil, so you better!!! :twisted:

See you next year!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

david

Post by david » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:10 pm

Congratulations Phil!

You had mentioned some stuff in the past year about No-S and its relation to liver function. If you have any more detailed thoughts on that I would love to read them.

Good luck on year two! By the end of it you will not only be strong as f*ck but also lean as f*ck!

--david

operababe

Post by operababe » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:41 pm

Congratulations Phil!

Yes, please post photos. It will be wonderful to see your progress after a year. As implied by your user name, Big Phil, I'm sure you've got the balls to do it!

Your stats are something to cheer about, your progress is an inspiration.

And Deb, I like the idea of a photo gallery with before and during pics. I hope Reinhard adds that to the site.
It's time to make it beautiful.

silverfish

Post by silverfish » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:46 pm

Congratulations, Phil!

I look forward to seeing your photographs :)

Kathleen

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:49 pm

Congratulations, Phil, and thanks so much for posting this.

I hope I can bother you to post before and durings.... with yours I think we might have critical mass to get that "before and during gallery" together.

Let us know how it goes with the baseball stats method. I'm thinking of touting it more prominently on the home page, but I'm hesitant to recommend something that's merely a good sounding but untried idea. Maybe I should start using it for some of my shakier systems... (had a couple of minor but unambiguous glass ceiling violations this summer than I'd like to nip in the bud).

Reinhard

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:00 am

Great going Phil. Good luck with year two. You are an inspiration to us slower losers. I have been here about 6 monthes and have lost 8. I was feeling discouraged until I read your post. Thanks. I will hang in there too because slow is far better than gain. Bring on the pix.