No Sweets?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

EPMama

No Sweets?

Post by EPMama » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:48 pm

Is there anyone here who doesn't eat sweets not just on non-s days but hardly ever? In other words, avoiding sweets/sugar pretty much all the time?

kaalii

Post by kaalii » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:05 pm

i think there is one person on this forum not eating sweets at all because of the health condition (s)he has... i remember reading about it but not sure who it is...
BMI: 18.8
Body Fat %: 17.6
in it for maintenance and, more importantly, sanity!!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:50 am

May I ask why you're asking? Are you tempted to oust sweets?
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:14 am

I eat sweets very rarely.
I don't like the way I feel afterwards, groggy and just yuck.
I usually eat seconds of a good entree on my S days. That's my favorite way to "spend" the S privilege. There is certainly nothing wrong with giving up sweets most or all of the time. There is no health benefit to refined sugar that I know of, and plenty of research that it is not particularly good for the body.
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:48 am

Hello

I am now totally off of sugar of all kinds due to having Type 2 Diabetes (early stages) which I do not want to get worse. I also have glaucoma which is a diabetic complication and part of my family history. Because a lot of my problem is genetic it does not make sense to carry on and ignore it. For me sugar in my diet is not optional as I do not want to ever have to deal with insulin or the tragic side effects of diabetes like amputation or kidney failure.

No Sugar is not a mod for me on No S it is just a fact of life and as such I still follow Vanilla No S.

I still eat 'sweets' for a treat over the weekend, just now they are fruits and different sugar free goodies at non meal times like they would be when you normally follow No S.

The amazing thing is the longer I am without sugar the less I crave it. I always battled with being unable to only eat one sweet thing - biscuits / sweets / pudding. It is so much easier to just not have.

The couple of times that I have had sugar since giving it up, I have paid dearly. It is wonderful for a couple of minutes, then I end up feeling sick from the sweetness, then comes the high followed by the low (crash) - not something I would recommend.

Hope this helps.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

roseha

Post by roseha » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:01 am

I find that, for some reason for me, the "sweets" are the easiest of the "S" things to give up. I can be tempted to have a fairly big dinner, especially if it's takeout for instance, or to eat some nuts afterward as I mentioned in another thread, but I generally never have candy or ice cream, cookies, etc and don't really miss them that much. I gave up sugar in my coffee ages ago and like it fine with just milk.

I think some people have said that children love sweet things and adults less so, but just speaking for myself I don't miss sweets too much. I did worry this summer that I was gaining some weight during all the traveling I did, so one way I tried to hold off was to stay off the ice cream, etc totally. I think it can be helpful since there are still so many other things to enjoy on NoS.

Dale

Post by Dale » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:37 pm

I've never had a very sweet tooth, and at the moment, I rarely eat sweet things, on S days.