I actually had a Red Day yesterday!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

reinhard
Site Admin

I actually had a Red Day yesterday!

Post by reinhard » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:09 pm

That's right, me the founder. First one in a long time. I was at a wonderful Lebanese restaurant with my diabetic father in law and my 3 year old son, who'd ordered a rice pudding for dessert (Turkish coffee for me!). After a few bites my son decided the spices in the pudding were a little too authentic, and my father in law has well, diabetes. It felt like a gastronomical crime to leave it, so Red Day for me. And the funny thing is I didn't even feel bad about it, I enjoyed the pudding, I didn't say "what the hell" and eat anything else, and I'm not in the slightest concerned that this marks some kind of slippery-slope degeneration of habits. Odd as it feels to say, I kinda feel good about this red day! So take heart, new and struggling no-essers, not only can you fail on occasion and still succeed on this big picture, but one day even the few failures you may have will feel like a kind of success.

(ps. forgive cross posting on facebook -- tis the plague of social media that it's plural)

kaalii

Post by kaalii » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:53 am

haha, opening a new topic for a red day...

but, yes, i know the feeling of having a red day and feeling totally ok with it, even god about it, because of being confident about being on the plan and the circumstances were sane...
BMI: 18.8
Body Fat %: 17.6
in it for maintenance and, more importantly, sanity!!

This_is_it

Post by This_is_it » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:21 am

:) :)

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:18 pm

Thank you for posting that (I'm not on facebook, so I didn't get double-exposure!) - I hope that any new No S people who are struggling with this do get to read this.
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

noni

Post by noni » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:30 am

I miss our family reunions, a groaning board of Lebanese food. You are excused!

Merry

Post by Merry » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:17 am

:)
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:15 am

That's how it starts!

But seriously... For me it does. I'll be a saint and cave just once... then the slippery slope. I remember you mentioning the ring of fire once. I guess I'm not there yet. Haha. You're such a goal setter. Thanks for your wise words of encouragement once again.
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me