No S and Hormones

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Quayette

No S and Hormones

Post by Quayette » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:16 pm

Any ladies here noticing their hunger varies during the monthly cycle we have? (Ovulation, menstruation)

What has worked for you during those difficult ravenous days? Do you increase your portions a little bit?

Help!
New mindset + new lifestyle = happy life
Wishing it works for me...

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:55 am

Big yes here! I do tend to increase my portion sizes a bit. It's such a relief not to have uncontrollable days of non-stop eating while I'm pmsing anymore. I used to feel so out of control and full of self loathing.

A few days of larger portion sizes seems very sane compared to all that none sense.

Gl!
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

Jen1974

Post by Jen1974 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:10 pm

I fought PMS hunger ever since I started having PMS (: some months I would "win" but others would fail miserably. I started No S on the same path, trying to force myself into being happy with the normal amount of food but slowly I shifted into listening to what I needed. Some months it's not more than normal, but others I need more. It feels so darn good to be okay with that!! And the best part is that by not ending up at a total fail, PMS binge I'm never going in the wrong direction towards my goals. Learning to do this has made a huge difference, not just for PMSing, but any time I'm faced with a challenge where I am tempted to eat more.

Merry

Post by Merry » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:59 am

Yes, some months seem to be more than others, but I do have some slightly larger meals if I'm feeling hungrier. Usually it's only a couple of days.
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation