I am at my lowest weight in my time on NoS :)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

I am at my lowest weight in my time on NoS :)

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:39 pm

I thought this was general post worthy folks...
Gotta say this fast cuz the library is where I'm at, since my comp finally crashed and I will be computerless probably all night..
But before the weekend hits,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am down another four pounds since last weigh in about four days ago..
There are not such great circumstances behind this because, basically, I haven't been able to afford hardly any food for days..

But hey, I'll take the weight loss.. This is also due, I believe, to my infant stages of being vegetarian now...

So at nearly my two year anniversary here (which I think was the end of August) I am at a personal low weight record and I am totally thrilled!!!!!!
I'm now at 203, where I was plateauing for months and months between 207 and 210.....

This feels amazing!!!
I just had to yell about it!

I have more fun news, on a personal front, which is really making me happy too, so I feel on top of the world yall!!!!
In a very good place!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

RobinT

Post by RobinT » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:32 pm

Deb,

Are things any better for you now? I am delighted to hear about your weight reduction on No S, but I am not happy to think about you not having grocery money at the moment...you are such a lovely person from what I can see...is this a temporary situation, is everything ok?

VanillaGorilla

Post by VanillaGorilla » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:13 am

Congrats on the weight loss, Deb! I am sorry to hear that the circumstances aren't exactly ideal ones, though.
My best wishes that things turn around quickly for you!
Fall down seven times, get up eight.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:01 am

Thank you guys!
I really appreciate that!
Well I should say that we have been eating, just on a seriously tight budget...

Summertime has been very slow for me, so that's been really tough...
We just had a great dinner, and have food in our bellies..
Every week is different for me, and sometimes I have to stretch the pennies.. This was one of those due to a cancellation I had..

Back to the good stuff!

I'm very close to the 200 mark!
Wow!
This seems almost surreal since it has been taking me a while to get the weight loss rolling again..

Thanks again for your concern and support!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

RobinT

Post by RobinT » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:19 pm

Glad to hear it Deb.

On the :D note, can you imagine how you will feel when you hit 199?

You will go to the doctor and say to the Nurse...nope, sorry, you have to move that bottom weight over to the 50 lb. notch on the left!!! LOVE THAT THOUGHT!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:53 pm

Thanks again Robin!
I only mentioned the cirucumstances to be a bit more honest about why I lost the extra weight.. Not intentionally, I guess, but for a few days there, my body actually had to use it's extra fat, and I felt some hunger... That really wasn't a bad thing though...
I'm feeling very good now.. I think the past two three days, have changed my hunger/appetite, for the better!

Yeah! I am really stoked to see myself go down into 190's territory..
However I'm not to big on going to doctors.. Heh..
The success on the veggie front is also making me quite proud!
I've been craving real, healthy food, and have squelched out, quite easily, infact, a few urges to hit the junk food...
Yay!!!
Last night we had a banquet of spaghetti with vodka sauce and veggie sausage and peas mixed in.. One large bowl made us both, almost *too* full...

Looking forward to celebrating my 2 year anniversary here now, with all you guys!
Probably take a few piccies of me and my special boy too!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

RobinT

Post by RobinT » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:40 pm

...love it love it love it...and the Vodka sauce dish sounded most awesome too. I noticed something interesting. On N days I can be a bit more tired and I don't push it too too hard, but on S days (when i know I can eat a little more if I need to) I have gotten much more active. yesterday I walked for 4 hours at an outdoor fair...today we weeded out major flower beds. Not only did I have more energy, but anything extra that an S day might bring it being at least a little burn off. I have not felt this great in a long, long, long time!

Two years is an amazingly significant achievement.

I think one of the things I love is that here I feel empowered and not "stupid" That's another N :-) I used to feel so stupid over wasting all kinds of money on hokey programs and products...here we do it all on our own steam and in eachother's voluntary company...it is awesome!

So, kudos to you...for doing so well...for being such a wonderful contributer to this board and for being one of those posters who make new folks feel welcomed!

Big Phil

Post by Big Phil » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:47 am

Great news, Deb! Way to go. There is nothing quite like breaking through a plateau! 8) Sticking with it for two years is also something to be very proud of!

Phil.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:51 am

Thanks mate!!! :wink:

Cheers Phil!

Peace and Love,
8) Debs

VanillaGorilla

Post by VanillaGorilla » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:47 am

I only mentioned the cirucumstances to be a bit more honest about why I lost the extra weight.. Not intentionally, I guess, but for a few days there, my body actually had to use it's extra fat, and I felt some hunger... That really wasn't a bad thing though...
I'm feeling very good now.. I think the past two three days, have changed my hunger/appetite, for the better!
Something similar happened to me a few weeks back. Purely by accident in my case, though. I had worked a Friday night overtime shift and as I do on a normal work night, I brought my lunch with me. Anyhow, I got out of work Saturday morning and went to bed. I got up later in the day and went about my business...Nothing unusual or different, really. I got home later in the evening and went to bed. It wasn't until sometime Sunday afternoon that I realized I ate my "lunch" Saturday morning around 2AM (I work 10PM-6AM) and had not had a thing to eat since that time! I had had coffee and other drinks, but no food at all. I wasn't really that hungry until that point, I guess. But I've noticed that since my accidental fast, my appetite has definitely changed. I don't get hungry as frequently as I was before that. No rhyme or reason to it, it just seemed to work out that way.
Fall down seven times, get up eight.

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:47 am

I am so happy for you Deb. You deserve incredible praise for riding through the plateau. God works in mysterious ways. Maybe the low money thing was to get you over the top and reignite your motivation. Onward and downward on the scale, baby. Can't wait to see the pics.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:56 pm

Thanks again Kev and Sue!
Have a lovely day!

Peace and Love,
8) Grateful Deb

(Still truckin on! heh)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:36 pm

Congratulations, Deb! I'm so happy to hear this. As great as your closing in on the elusive 200 mark is, the temporal milestone of being on no-s 2 years is even more impressive. Double congratulations and looking forward to the big day.

Reinhard

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:38 pm

Deb, that is such great news! You have so much patience and it is admirable to read that you are going on 2 years. Thanks for being such a contributive member on this board and congrats on the weight loss :)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:03 am

Thanks a lot Reinhard and Sinnie!!! :wink:
I looked through the old Yahoo archives (boy is my mouse finger tired!!!) to find the first post I made to that group, and it said it was August 31st...
So, that's when I'll be celebrating!!!
And it's gonna be an S day!!! LOL..

I think I may have found NoS before that and wrote you, but I can't exactly remember that date....
Perhaps the 29th?
Well at any rate,,,

It really is a special thing for me!

Gotta warm up the camera soon too..

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:24 am

Well done Deb - you really are an inspiration. All the best Daisy

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:38 am

Congratulations Debs

I am absolutely delighted for you. Nearly 200lb and 2 years of 'service' - what a loyal subject you are.

Thank you so much for being such an inspiration to us all and such an encouragement with your lovely posts.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:45 pm

Thanks so much Daize and Mo!
I just got home from a doctor visit.. She took my blood pressure and weight, as ususal, and I am down a few more pounds since last week, aaaaannnnd,,,,,,,
My blood pressure is down from 120/80 about 5 months ago, to 110/80

Better!!!
I'm totally psyched!!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend lovely ladies and gentlemen!
Peace and Love,
8) Debs
xo!

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:59 pm

Yay Deb!
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:56 pm

Thanks Hunter!!!
:D
Love,
8) Deb

operababe

Post by operababe » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:44 pm

Helloooooooooo Deb!

And congratulations on your amazing progress over the last while! You were saying that this has been happening since going vegetarian, which has me intrigued. (Although I have tried raw vegan, and trust me, it doesn't work unless you've got at least 6 hours per day to spend in the kitchen dehydrating and juicing and blending.) Are you simply eating veggie substitutes? Do you still eat dairy? What about eggs?

I'm extremely inspired by you. The whole 9 yards here: the weight loss, the committment to No S (2 years! Yay!), and your strong participation on these boards.

As I bow down before you *I'm not worthy!*

In awe,
Operababe

P.S. I hope your financial situation turns around big time. *Positive $$ thoughts, positive $$ thoughts.*
It's time to make it beautiful.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:19 pm

Thank you so much Babe!!!
Well we haven't been big dairy people, and switched to soymilk about six years ago... We do have some dairy in very small with the exception of occasional ice cream and, mozzarella cheese, and hmmm, cream cheese sometimes..

Yes eggs, beans, veggie substitutes, peanut butter.. Oh and at the mo, I am still eating fish, though, believe it or not, I'm even feeling less inclined to have that too.. Seems my body prefers veggies!
And if I could get this, I'd like to try Quorn one day..
Anyhow...
It's definitely going smoothly!
Thanks again for your good luck wishes!!!
I hope you are well too!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

ps.. Oh and pleeeese!!! Even though I love Wayne's World, no bowing necessary!!! LOL!!!! :wink:

cab54

Post by cab54 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:12 pm

Way to go, Deb!

Giving us all hope ---one # at a time!!
Cheryl

Starting weight--200 (gah!)
Currently--185
Goal weight--135, or wherever I end up

want2bhealthy

Post by want2bhealthy » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:32 pm

way to go deb. you continue to inspire me. i am soooooooo happy for you. you are doing awesome!! i am re starting on monday and i am hoping there will be NO TURNING BACK ANYMORE!!!!!!! i hope to one day be able to post one like yours where i am feeling in control and running towards my goal.
man, i have tried EVERYTHING else, this has to be my last stop.
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:44 am

Thanks Cab and Healthy!!!!
I appreciate it!
You can do this too!
Just persevere..
I don't run.. running usually gets me out of steam fast!

Will be going to Florida for the weekend and looking foward to some nice S days!

Have a lovely weekend all!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

mstevens

Post by mstevens » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:02 am

Congratulations!

I think I may be losing a bit of weight again, after ages stuck at the same level - the one S/day at weekends seems to be helping.