Special Day Question - Shake Day At Work

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

RobinM

Special Day Question - Shake Day At Work

Post by RobinM » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:03 pm

Hi! I'm brand new and excited to be doing this! I am just getting started and I am ALREADY stressing over a special day question...
It's HOT here and my workplace is holding a "Shake off the Heat!" event on Thursday Aug 10 and selling milkshakes.
Does this count as a special day?
My workplace often has food or food-related events. Which count as "special enough"? :?:

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:45 pm

Hi and welcome! I think the book says you can have up to two s days a month on top of weekends to use for special days. I'd say its up to you if you think milkshake day is worth using your s day. Personally, milkshakes are my favorite thing so I'd be all over that! Haha. You can also take an S event.... Keep your day like a normal n day but all he shake. If you decide to have the shake,enjoy it and don't feel guilty!

Merry

Post by Merry » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:58 pm

You get to decide :-). As MaggieMae said, you can have up to two NWS days per month. I think a special work celebration would be worth it to me unless I had other special days planned for the month. Welcome, and enjoy!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:24 am

What did you do? I was rooting for your NOT making it an S day. It's too easy for work to be a place for multiple reasons to justify S's. But it was your call.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

RobinM

Post by RobinM » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:58 am

Shake Day is this week and I'm NOT going to consider it an S day. They are always having events at work and if I start thinking of them all as special days, I won't make any progress. If I really want a shake I'll wait for the weekend and walk up to my local ice cream parlor and get my favorite kind.

Merry

Post by Merry » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:02 am

RobinM wrote:Shake Day is this week and I'm NOT going to consider it an S day. They are always having events at work and if I start thinking of them all as special days, I won't make any progress. If I really want a shake I'll wait for the weekend and walk up to my local ice cream parlor and get my favorite kind.
Sounds like a great plan! Yes, it really makes a difference if it's truly a special occasion or something that happens frequently.
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation