Farewell!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

~reneew

Farewell!

Post by ~reneew » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:55 pm

I just wanted to update everyone with whom I used to chat with on a daily basis. In Mach I injured my foot and was wearing a boot (should have been a cast because we found out later it was fractured) and in April I was on my hands and knees praying for God to help me once and for all to lose weight. I can’t do it on my own! I asked and even said “teach me, even if it hurts!â€
2 days later I had a pulmonary embolism from several blood clots that travelled from my leg (entire leg was a clot) through my heart and lodged in my lungs. I’m lucky to be here as we discovered, I’ve had one 3 years ago, and I have a rare blood clotting disorder. I lost 15 pounds just being sick and when I started to gain it back, I panicked and prayed again and the next day my daughter (a physician assistant) called and gave me the weight speech she has never dared say, and strongly suggest I start weight watchers as it’s the most successful plan ever. So the next day I did. I’m happy to say I started at 245, and am now 195, and my goal for 5’7†is 155. I believe NoS is common sense and I just wish I could do it but after 10 years, and only gaining (we my frat page here with my roller coaster history), I realize it’s not working. I know weight watchers is teaching me to eat healthy in a way which noS couldn’t. One plate of pizza like I used to have is about 4 days worth of points on weight watchers. No wonder I struggled!! Its’s coming off so easily now! Not much effort at all. The app makes it so so easy to track (no lik before) and their new plan has so many zero points foods, like chicken, fish, eggs, corn, fruits and veggies.

So I guess I’m here to say farewell my friends! Join me ay weight watchers if you will... I’m -reneew on there. Thanks for all of the needed loving and caring. I wish you all well!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:01 pm

Reneew, sorry to hear about all your health issues! That must've been scary! I'm so happy that you've found something that works for you! Best of luck!

cedar

Post by cedar » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:27 pm

All the best Reneew😀.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:56 pm

I'm sorry it took a health scare to help you ramp things up, but the good news is that it is one of the most successful motivators, way better than being thin.

Warmest wishes for good health!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Over43

Post by Over43 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:30 pm

Vio con Dios...
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79