End of week 1...what should I expect?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

No more Yo-Yo

End of week 1...what should I expect?

Post by No more Yo-Yo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:42 pm

Shabbat shalom everyone,
Well....we've done a week, I've actually done six green days, I started with fervent enthusiasm as I read the book Saturday night and Sunday morning and the day before had been baaaad!

I just wonder how this weekend might pan out folks? I've found no S easy, no desperate hunger and I've not felt deprived. I have eaten three good meals a day.... I can't imagine I've lost an ounce really, have I eaten too much?

I am a bit nervous about having anything sweet tomorrow....will I go overboard and binge??

How did your first yellow days go please?
Love
No more yo yo [/quote]

Whosonfirst

Re: End of week 1...what should I expect?

Post by Whosonfirst » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:33 am

No more Yo-Yo wrote:Shabbat shalom everyone,
Well....we've done a week, I've actually done six green days, I started with fervent enthusiasm as I read the book Saturday night and Sunday morning and the day before had been baaaad!

I just wonder how this weekend might pan out folks? I've found no S easy, no desperate hunger and I've not felt deprived. I have eaten three good meals a day.... I can't imagine I've lost an ounce really, have I eaten too much?

I am a bit nervous about having anything sweet tomorrow....will I go overboard and binge??

How did your first yellow days go please?
Love
No more yo yo
My personal experience on weekends is just don't go crazy. I've always been lucky, in that I'm not a binger. Same applies in my mind. Wishing you continued success.
https://twitter.com/SipeEngineering
Current weight(9/2020)-212 lbs.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.
NoS Goal: >= 80% Success days

vmsurbat

Post by vmsurbat » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:34 am

First weekend will be a learning experience! :-) And that is good!

Like you, I found NoS a good match for me right from the start. That said, those first weekends I didn't binge (never a problem for me and I didn't suddenly develop it) but I did indulge. Hubby likes a little "something" with his coffee (like a muffin or cookie) so I joined him. Sunday lunch (we always have guests over) is a nice meal with dessert, so I helped myself to seconds of whatever I wanted. Hubby (he is the one with a sweet tooth) offers chocolate while watching a move, so I say "Yes".

That said, I did lose weight overall but YMMV. However, over the months I realized that I don't particularly LIKE a little something with my coffee in the morning--just coffee is enough for me and I'd rather be hungry for my real meal. And now, having seconds just because I can tends to make me feel overstuffed, so I don't do it. And I prefer my chocolate to finish off a meal, not be a snack later. But it took time for me to discover my preferences within the NoS framework.

My areas of struggle aren't with sweets, but with savories--I love my chips and buttery popcorn. Fortunately, if I don't buy them, I can't eat them. And when I do buy them, I enjoy them on a S day--this is what makes NoS livable long-term.

Enjoy your S days--keyword is "Enjoy" vs. "go crazy". :wink:
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

No more Yo-Yo

Post by No more Yo-Yo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:00 am

Thank you folks. What is YMMV please?
Had a normal breakfast.... off to town later... for a treat and some chocolate tonight, as hubby is a particular sugar monster, he's doing well.
I've lost almost a pound since Sunday... feeling better.
I think Sundays are easier days, Sunday dinners healthy one for us with my heaith conscious folks and a small tea. Today is the test and next week... focus on portion control.... x

Whosonfirst

Post by Whosonfirst » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:26 pm

Your mileage may vary. The disclaimer they put onto MPG claims on new car stickers.
https://twitter.com/SipeEngineering
Current weight(9/2020)-212 lbs.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.
NoS Goal: >= 80% Success days

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:15 pm

NO ONE can predict what will happen for you at any moment in your journey. It can go several different ways this weekend and on weekends six months, a year, five years from now. Why stick with it even with no guarantees? Because systemic moderate eating, as practiced with some variation in multiple cultures, has still been the way those cultures have average slimness at much greater ratios than ones who have habits of overeating.

Enjoy!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

No more Yo-Yo

Post by No more Yo-Yo » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:16 pm

Well... I know we were a bit too 'free' at the weekend! Too much chocolate and we actually felt a bit rough. Enjoying the No S days again. Never been so chilled out about food though! :P

vmsurbat

Post by vmsurbat » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:24 pm

No more Yo-Yo wrote:Well... I know we were a bit too 'free' at the weekend! Too much chocolate and we actually felt a bit rough. Enjoying the No S days again. Never been so chilled out about food though! :P
Sounds like a successful first NoS weekend to me!

I distinctly remember a Sunday evening about 6 months after starting NoS, lying in bed and feeling terrible because I had eaten with relative abandonment--nothing terribly shocking, just seconds and desserts--which formerly wouldn't have fazed me one bit. Now my S days are still totally enjoyable but nothing like before.....

It is a testimony to why all us old-timers mention working on N-day compliance FIRST. When those good NoS habits get built up, our old ways will seem downright yucky (most of the time).... and provide its own motivation for continuing with NoS--it truly is sane, sensible, AND satisfying.....
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

No more Yo-Yo

Post by No more Yo-Yo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:23 pm

vmsurbat - Thank you, that's a great insight and yes, I can see somewhere in the distance... that time when I don't want o eat so much S!
Husband still hasn't read the book and is suggesting Green days constantly... shot him down in flames at the mere suggestion! :oops:

He'll get the hang of it!
I am just enjoying not dwelling on food all the time and the stress of 'shall I eat this or shall I be good?' has just gone! It's SO simple!

Happy green days xxx

Dalia negra

Post by Dalia negra » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:39 am

No more Yo-Yo wrote: I am just enjoying not dwelling on food all the time and the stress of 'shall I eat this or shall I be good?' has just gone! It's SO simple!

Happy green days xxx

Bravo for that! :)
vmsurbat wrote:
Enjoy your S days--keyword is "Enjoy" vs. "go crazy". :wink:

Totally agree!

I'm glad you started the week on the right foot, No more Yo-Yo. :)

No more Yo-Yo

Post by No more Yo-Yo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:18 pm

Thank you Dalia,
I'm still feeling my usual chubby self but I do feel better and my tummy is especially feeling better. My husband is coping extremely well without his sugary fixes... quite amazing! :D

No more Yo-Yo

Post by No more Yo-Yo » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:08 pm

I've lost almost 2lbs when I weighed myself today in the 13 days of No S diet. More importantly... I can feel habits changing!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:23 pm

Don't mean to rain on your parade but I say the habits are the bigger deal because there is no guarantee that any weight on any particular day is going to be the same on another day. I have to weigh a similar weight for three weeks before I consider myself that weight. (When I was beginning, I weighed daily but averaged weekly. Even the trend wasn't linear.)

That said, I hope your clothes feel looser and you feel like you can step livelier as time goes on.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

No more Yo-Yo

Post by No more Yo-Yo » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:49 pm

I know what you mean oolala... I can lose seven pounds in a week but it's not sustainable and hormones certainly have an effect. I am feeling better, not slimmer as yet....
Habits definitely the focus....

Over43

Post by Over43 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:00 pm

As Carl Hiaasen might suggest: Expect the worst!

But work hard anyway. It will work.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:23 pm

Is not news good news, no more yoyoing? It's been awhile since you posted. Or maybe you have a check -in thread. ..
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23