Two weeks into NO S ....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

No more Yo-Yo

Two weeks into NO S ....

Post by No more Yo-Yo » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:17 pm

Hello folks,
Just thought I'd share my experiences so far....

14 days on the No S (vanilla style) and I LOVE IT!
I spend SO much less time fretting and mithering over food - it has been mentally so simple to have 3 square meals a day, no snacks, sweets or seconds and then enjoy the treats at the weekend.
Last weekend we went over the top on chocolate and felt rather groggy, we relished getting back to a Monday!

I can see I am developing a better mindset, I do not feel like I am missing out and I do not want to be a calorie accountant ever again.

I am looking forward to seeing how I feel at the end of 21 days and I believe this is a diet we can do for life. Just need 'Mr No Yo' to read the book too as he asks a few daft things. He's still awaiting hard copy in the post as he has an aversion to Kindle!

I hope you all have a great week,

Love
No More Yo Yo :wink:

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:13 am

So good to hear!

I am fond of saying on another site I'm on where there is so much attention to minutiae that it really doesn't take all day to plan a few reasonable meals and get some movement in. That's the best place to start. You can't know you'll need more unless you just do that and find out! A lot more fun than the other way.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

No more Yo-Yo

Post by No more Yo-Yo » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:13 pm

I've honestly never found a diet so easy. When we have mentioned to friends about No snacks.... they immediately say 'Oh I couldn't do that'.

It is far easier than I expected and we are both loving the sense of accomplishment, and already some improved energy levels. :)

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:03 am

Keep up the good work - great to hear NO S is going well for you.
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:26 am

What most people can't do is reduce their eating in any way, shape, or form. They THINK they're going to be able to follow a directed diet, or cut this or that, but most of them never do for any length time. Just do your thing. Later they may become curious again. Then you can tell them more and for how the extended time.

But even then... even after I'd been at it for six or more years, people were still saying it sounded either too hard or too little to do to make changes. And even Reinhard says he has never been able to convince any family or friends to adopt the rules.

Just keep going.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

jenji

Re: Two weeks into NO S ....

Post by jenji » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:12 pm

No more Yo-Yo wrote:Hello folks,
Just thought I'd share my experiences so far....

14 days on the No S (vanilla style) and I LOVE IT!
I spend SO much less time fretting and mithering over food - it has been mentally so simple to have 3 square meals a day, no snacks, sweets or seconds and then enjoy the treats at the weekend.
Last weekend we went over the top on chocolate and felt rather groggy, we relished getting back to a Monday!

I can see I am developing a better mindset, I do not feel like I am missing out and I do not want to be a calorie accountant ever again.

I am looking forward to seeing how I feel at the end of 21 days and I believe this is a diet we can do for life. Just need 'Mr No Yo' to read the book too as he asks a few daft things. He's still awaiting hard copy in the post as he has an aversion to Kindle!

I hope you all have a great week,

Love
No More Yo Yo :wink:
I felt the same way when I joined. I did have trouble in the beginning feeling very hungry in the afternoons, because I was used to a cookie or some other snack, but that went away in time, and I LOVE the simplicity of it.
I'm a 53-year-old mom and non-profit CEO
I am 5' 7.5"
Began No S at 184#, BMI 28.4 - 9/25/2017
Current weight: 181#, BMI 27.9, 12/19/2022

jenji

Post by jenji » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:16 pm

No more Yo-Yo wrote:I've honestly never found a diet so easy. When we have mentioned to friends about No snacks.... they immediately say 'Oh I couldn't do that'.

It is far easier than I expected and we are both loving the sense of accomplishment, and already some improved energy levels. :)
Yes, a lot of people seem to think that is insurmountable. I've found it doesn't help to argue with people about it. I get offered snacks all the time, and I don't bother explaining, because people seem to take it personally.

"I just ate!" or "I don't want to spoil my appetite!" works whenever it is offered, because it's true, any time of day. I've either just eaten a meal, or I will soon, or I'm off to bed. :D
I'm a 53-year-old mom and non-profit CEO
I am 5' 7.5"
Began No S at 184#, BMI 28.4 - 9/25/2017
Current weight: 181#, BMI 27.9, 12/19/2022

No more Yo-Yo

Post by No more Yo-Yo » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:17 pm

:lol: :lol: My husband is telling his colleagues about it and they're quite curious. I'm not struggling with anyone offering stuff, I'm gluten free and mostly dairy free (helps with my endometriosis a lot) so I really can't (and shouldn't) eat most of the junk folks at work graze on.
Hubby is reading the book enjoying the humour of it and the simplicity.
Common sense!
Hope you're having a fab week.
Love
No more yo yo