I'm ending my experiment with No s, Because....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Thisisnotabadidea-

I'm ending my experiment with No s, Because....

Post by Thisisnotabadidea- » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:30 pm

NoS works, Full stop.

I'm from a family that has never put emphasis on meals. from as long as I can remember it's always been more of a "Dinner is somewhat required but otherwise you find stuff to eat" so I've never really learned how to structure meal time going into adulthood. most of my eating was finding small bits of this or that every 30 minutes or eating big meals only to eat again not long after, Never truly hungry for mealtime always a lingering sense of "not really full, not really hungry". I've always been on the heavy side for my height, But a few years ago I weighed my heaviest. 166 at 5'2 is in the obese category and I didn't want that to happen to me. Lost weight only to regain it, As the story goes for many.

Last summer I weighed in again at 160, so not my highest but not the weight I feel good at so once again time to lose weight! This time around it was....hard, Mentally more so than physically. I felt trapped and anxious, All I cared about was what, when and how much to eat. Lost interest in most everything else in the few months of dieting, By November-December I felt fed up so I tried to maintain/lose slow at 137, but still counting calories so I'd have days of under eating only to over eat later on. I lost little bits of weight but at the cost of still being very much into the diet mentality.

I know that the way I eat is weird, I'm never going to have normal eating habits because I eat next to zero processed foods due to legit health issues. Ultimately I wanted to figure out a way to regulate my eating for the long haul and make it easy for me. I had already introduced the idea of 2-3 meals only and one small snack a day so I felt like it was more habit than calorie counting in theory that would make me be able to maintain or lose very slowly. Found No S the end of January and tried a week of counting calories but not making it dictate what I ate with the routine of no S, Lost 0.8 that week. So going into February I let go and went for full No S

It's been relatively easy, A few red days but ultimately none of it really matter. I don't have true S days but I'm introducing more freedom into my meals, If some days all I want to eat is fruit and bread I guess that's what I'm eating :p. I fully expected to maintain at best, gain at worst because in my mind no calorie count=all I would do is overeat but...I haven't. I've lost nearly 2 pounds, More than I ever thought i could lose without micromanaging my body with numbers. I'm at 131 currently, Only 6 away from my lowest weight and I don't see why I can't get there with no s.

In the end No S has given my sanity back, I plan my meals the night before then I just cook and eat. No more food thoughts beyond "What am I making and how is it done?" and "That was delicious!". I feel free to think and do whatever I want, it has achieved everything I wanted and then some. I want to move forward with my life without having to update a food dairy or be on here so for the time being I'm moving to greener pastures and I probably won't be back unless I run into no S related issues. I truly see this routine of eating as my new normal for a very, very long time. I mean I'm still working out how to do No S for ME but that's something only I can know how and why

margot17

Re: I'm ending my experiment with No s, Because....

Post by margot17 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:51 pm

Awesome. So happy for you!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:54 pm

In the end No S has given my sanity back, I plan my meals the night before then I just cook and eat. No more food thoughts beyond "What am I making and how is it done?" and "That was delicious!"
Love this quote!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6
4/21 - 25.2

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:12 pm

I guess you mean you don’t think of yourself as experimenting but as having accepted No S pretty much as the WOE for you. ( when I hear someone say they’re ending an experiment, I usually assume they mean it hasn’t worked, so they’re leaving it behind. ) I totally get wanting to feel like you want life to be about more than us, and it sounds like you’re totally ready for that. Warmest wishes! I hope your occasionally stop in and tell us what else your life has become about.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:28 am

Great to read it has been so successful for you, hope you stop by and let us know how it's going occasionally.

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

margot17

Post by margot17 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:46 am

Yeah come over sometimes just for a chat and a cuppa tea without cookies

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:12 am

Thisisnotabadidea- wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:30 pm

I know that the way I eat is weird, I'm never going to have normal eating habits because I eat next to zero processed foods due to legit health issues.
It's my belief that a diet of processed foods is weird, and that eating home cooked food made from fresh and unprocessed ingredients is normal. That is how most humans ate until our food supply became industrialised. I also eat home made due to health issues, so you are not alone.
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:21 am

I agree with third and eat as much home prepared food as possible with occasional organic sauces and processed foods if in a hurry..

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.