11 Years

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

11 Years

Post by Over43 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:22 pm

I just noticed it has been 11 years since I first signed up for the No S Diet. The fellow who referred me (I believe), is still a member at www.davedraper.com. That is the forum that he referred me from.

What can I say, or advice can I give over the last 11 years? Well when I am spot on with No S I lose weight. There was my 2010 drive to lose weight for my Caribbean trip. I started No S-ing in biblical proportions at the beginning of March that year and by the end of May had lost 25 lbs. I was also riding an Airdyne 40 minutes, 3 days a week, but those rides do not account for 25 lbs. being lost. Regardless, I was very fit.

Three times I have done the "21 Day Challenge". (I think that is what it was called.) All three times I have lost 10 pounds in each of those three weeks.

What makes No S special? Well, I have lost weight on meals that included Hamburger Helper, Spam, Stouffer's frozen lasagna, chili dogs (My wife has made me quit eating those. :oops: ) a Coke, fried chicken, etc. You name it, if I stick to 3 meals a day (without the snacks or sweets) I can lose weight.

It has been awhile since I have posted a lot, but I seem to be today. But, if you are new, or hesitant, just take the leap. Start with the next meal you eat and take it from there.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

ChandaLikePanda

Re: 11 Years

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:34 pm

Thank you Over43! It's inspiring to hear about your results. I have just started, and I'm sure there will be a few bumps to get over along the way.

When you have a Coke, is it only on S days, or is it part of a meal? Does it count as a sweet?
Height: 5'4"

Over43

Post by Over43 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:54 pm

Sometimes I will have a 12 oz. can as part of a meal. Just my thing.

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:45 pm

Thanks for answering my question. I like that I can have a bit of soda as part of a meal, it makes things more doable.
Height: 5'4"

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:32 pm

I'm so glad No S is still working for you, a decade plus in -- and thank you for letting us know!

(I'm sorry I'm not more of a presence on these boards lately -- I'm in that "sandwich" period of life being overwhelmed with kids, ailing parents, and demanding job all at once. I think it gets easier at some point? Maybe? Please don't tell me if not! If it's any comfort, I still practice No-S and most of the other everyday systems religiously, even if I don't have so much time to preach them.)

Whosonfirst

Post by Whosonfirst » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:17 am

reinhard wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:32 pm
I'm so glad No S is still working for you, a decade plus in -- and thank you for letting us know!

(I'm sorry I'm not more of a presence on these boards lately -- I'm in that "sandwich" period of life being overwhelmed with kids, ailing parents, and demanding job all at once. I think it gets easier at some point? Maybe? Please don't tell me if not! If it's any comfort, I still practice No-S and most of the other everyday systems religiously, even if I don't have so much time to preach them.)
over43- quite inspirational(if that's a real word). While I'm not a soda drinker at meals, I don't see a problem.
reinhard-Thanks for being the founding father of NoS, and your habitcal for everyday systems. That's given me a great method to track habits, or be more mindful of the good ones. And no, we won't tell you.
https://twitter.com/SipeEngineering
Current weight(9/2020)-212 lbs.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.
NoS Goal: >= 80% Success days

Over43

Post by Over43 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:36 pm

reinhard wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:32 pm

I would like to tell you it gets easier. But not so much. Wait, I was not supposed to tell you that!

Edit: I must take my hat off to Reinhard. He has given us a very nice approach to managing our culinary lifestyle. I have not always been as down with No S as I should be. That, however, is my fault, it has nothing to do with the "plan" itself. I started last Tuesday (again). According to my Monday weigh in, I have lost about 4 pounds. This is pretty cool since I take Lyrica, and gabapentin, both of which seem to turn off my hunger mechanism.

Thank you Reinhard!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:17 pm

Kudos!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)