Long Lunches

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

silverfish

Long Lunches

Post by silverfish » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:21 pm

Yesterday I was admitted as a "Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of Queensland" (for Australians = solicitor; for Americans = lawyer?). I was not the only applicant for admission not wearing black, I didn't fall over standing up from the very low benches in the appeals court and I had a lovely long lunch at the Carlton Crest with my parents and my section from work after. An excellent chicken a la kiev, two nice wines and I even ate the chocolate that came with coffee.

I don't feel guilty at all :)

hlidskjalf

Post by hlidskjalf » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:27 am

Solicitor starts with S so this should be ok. But so does silverfish hm.. maybe earwig would be safer. At any rate congrats.
Burn all, burn everything. Fire is bright and fire is clean.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:13 pm

Congratulations, Silverfish! A well deserved S day.

I think in America "lawyer" is what everyone else calls them -- they call themselves "attorneys." Too many lawyer jokes, I guess. Also they work at "firms," whereas everyone else works at mere "companies."

I like "solicitor." It sounds both fancy and helpful.

Reinhard

JWL

Post by JWL » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:45 pm

Congrats silverfish! Though I enjoin you to be cautious treading the dark side.... LOL

You'll have to get used to adhering to No-S during the Power Lunch phenomenon....
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net