Does this work for everyone?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

DMJ75

Does this work for everyone?

Post by DMJ75 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:06 pm

Does this work for people who are obese?
Does this work for people who have carb "addiction"?
Does this work for people who are sedentary?

Soprano

Re: Does this work for everyone?

Post by Soprano » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:53 pm

Yes yes yes and you can get over carb addiction if you really want to :)

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Soliadegloria

Post by Soliadegloria » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:27 pm

Hi Soprano

Can you share how no s can help overcome carb addiction? Thank you!

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:25 pm

You will have to cut right down on your carb consumption, eating carbs makes you want more.

Either go cold turkey or do it systematically and slowly.

You won't be able to have a lot on s days unless you want to be starting again every Monday.

I'd cut as much obvious sugary stuff as you can first.

What is your typical eating day?

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Whosonfirst

Post by Whosonfirst » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:29 am

DMJ75 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:06 pm
Does this work for people who are obese?
Does this work for people who have carb "addiction"?
Does this work for people who are sedentary?
Can you start by substituting some fruit or raw vegs for "regular" out-of-the-box(or bag) carbs? I realize fruit and vegs have carbs too. It's in your power to change the sedentary condition, unless you have something stoppng it. Can you take an easy fifteen minute walk every day? Happy Thanksgiving, if you celebrate that.
https://twitter.com/SipeEngineering
Current weight(9/2020)-212 lbs.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.
NoS Goal: >= 80% Success days

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:49 pm

Theoretically it should.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:23 pm

No system can be guaranteed to "work" for everyone. The question is, what else would you be willing to do? If you think this isn't going to be enough, commit to what is necessary. If that sounds too hard, then there's your answer. Surrender to this and vow to keep at adjustments needed until you get to a satisfactory balance. The odds of going from obese to slim is about 1000 to 1, so focus more in vitality and a long healhspan.

Getting over carb addiction can happen many ways, and it depends a lot on your beliefs. But the truth is there are very few people who "get over it" enough to never feel any desire at all, and they could be doing things that will cause problems later. Even those who do some kind of low carb thing and claim they don't miss them eventually go back to eating some starches.

Get clear what damage you really believe is happening because of excess ultraprocessed carbs. (All the known long-lived cultures of the world eat a high amount of starch and lighter carbs, and the microbiome seems to like them a lot, too.) Realize that just because you say you want to give these things up and feel all inspired at times, does not mean you are not likely to feel like eating them very strongly sometimes. If you have a true epiphany, you might be able to go cold turkey, but in addiction therapy, the concept of harm reduction is often more effective long term.

You can write to me separately about this if you like.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)