Any fellow vanilla NoSers?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

eschano

Any fellow vanilla NoSers?

Post by eschano » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:41 am

Hi ladies and gentlemen,
Just wondering if there are any people around who are following vanilla NoS at the moment?
I’m finding reading about all the different mods and tweaks very distracting. It makes me question the whole point of NoS so would be fabulous to be able to follow some vanilla NoS journeys.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

ChandaLikePanda

Re: Any fellow vanilla NoSers?

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:28 pm

Hi! I am following vanilla No S. I'm doing it to build the habit, first. I'm really bad at sticking to diets and calorie counting and cutting out entire food groups. This lets me eat whatever I want (except sweets on N days, but those can wait until the weekend). So I feel like it's actually less restrictive, and I can still have my coffee with my favorite cream in it. Nice to see you!
Height: 5'4"

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:24 am

Hi, I don't know if this is classed as vanilla, but the only thing I can really stick to long
term is 3 meals a day - as long as I am doing that, I count it as a success. Everything else
is peripheral to that for me. I find it easier to do 3 meals a day 7 days a week. My compliance
rate at the moment is about 85%, or 6 days a week with 3 meals and no snacks and another day with
one or two snacks.

I do also practice moderation with my meals, with varying degrees of success, which to me
means being hungry when I eat, and hitting that sweet spot between not enough and overloading my stomach.
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:27 pm

I do pretty close to vanilla No S, except I don't beat myself up if I have a day that isn't green AND my S days typically still keep the structure of 3 meals and no snacks because I like being hungry for my meals. On S days I will have a dessert or two, or maybe donuts for breakfast instead of oatmeal. Oh and my S days are more like Friday night through Sunday morning. Ok, well looking at all that typed out it may not be totally vanilla...

But most days I do only 3 meals, no snacks, no seconds and no sweets, except on my designated S days.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:18 am

pinkhippie wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:27 pm
I do pretty close to vanilla No S, except I don't beat myself up if I have a day that isn't green AND my S days typically still keep the structure of 3 meals and no snacks because I like being hungry for my meals. On S days I will have a dessert or two, or maybe donuts for breakfast instead of oatmeal. Oh and my S days are more like Friday night through Sunday morning. Ok, well looking at all that typed out it may not be totally vanilla...

But most days I do only 3 meals, no snacks, no seconds and no sweets, except on my designated S days.
this is pretty much what i'm doing too...
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:14 am

I consider myself pretty vanilla. :-) For pre-diabetes reasons, I am moderate low-carb, but I've been doing it so long it's like breathing. I seriously can't imagine snacking, having seconds, or sweets on N days without having to consider it a fail.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6
4/21 - 25.2

Over43

Post by Over43 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:16 pm

At the moment I am not using anything, let alone No S. However, when I am on track with No S it is "Vanilla" (?). Or I guess, just No S. I do not alter or make exceptions during the time I am focused. And I too find the "tweaks" a bit distracting. Yet, automated adapts for pre-diabetes. And certainly there are probably others who need to modify for other reasons. The No Snacks, No Sweets, No Seconds (except for days that start with S) is pretty straight forward.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

ParsleyTheLioness

Post by ParsleyTheLioness » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:55 pm

Hi, Can I join you? I am just trying to follow the basic NoS system. Does that count as vanilla? :oops: :oops:

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:59 pm

Hi!

Welcome!

Yes, the No S system IS vanilla. People often make tweaks and mods to it, which is why we call just following the basic system vanilla.

BackToThin

Post by BackToThin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:06 pm

Hi! By vanilla, do you mean doing it as described in the book and not adding intermittent fasting, lo-carb, or any other diet things? If so, yes! That is exactly what I am doing. No-S is brilliant. It succinctly describes how normal, healthy people eat.
No-S Lifestyle (~Don't Eat Like An Idiot Diet) and re-learning how to eat like a normal person after failing post calorie counting. More than half a year of that sent me diving face first into a giant slice of cheese cake and ultimately fat again.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:48 pm

ChandaLikePanda wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:28 pm
Hi! I am following vanilla No S. I'm doing it to build the habit, first. I'm really bad at sticking to diets and calorie counting and cutting out entire food groups. This lets me eat whatever I want (except sweets on N days, but those can wait until the weekend). So I feel like it's actually less restrictive, and I can still have my coffee with my favorite cream in it. Nice to see you!
I agree with you.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79