How to start losing weight on no s?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Thisisnotabadidea-

How to start losing weight on no s?

Post by Thisisnotabadidea- » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:19 pm

I'm nearing 2 years on no s at this point, and I find it remarkably simple and easy to maintain log term. But that's the thing, I've never lost weight on no s I bounce back and forth in a 5 pound range. Which is fine but now I really want to lose maybe 10 pounds(from a BMI of 24-5 to 22, nothing extreme :lol: ), I'm okay with it taking awhile but I just don't want it to be painful. I tried only doing 2 meals a day for awhile, dropped 5 pounds and ended up in a terrible tailspin because I wasn't eating enough and the blood sugar drops between meals were brutal. I basically gained back to where I started to add in frustration.

I already don't do s weekends, My s days are only specials occasions. But I do have lax rules on sweets(I,E muffins for breakfast, sweet coffees) so maybe I need to shore up sweet consumption? I could try eating less at meals I guess or doing more exercise? I don't want to count calories, but I guess I might need to to see where I am to shave off a few hundred a day.

Has anyone else had to modify no s to lose weight and how did you do it? that's basically what I'm asking. I guess if I really can't lose weight on no s being a constant weight is better than gaining weight and I'll just have to accept that's where I naturally sit on no s.

ladybird30

Re: How to start losing weight on no s?

Post by ladybird30 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:58 pm

Your post struck a chord with me as I am in much the same place at the moment. I am trying stricter
adherence to the no seconds rule to see if I can get below the low of my range. I have done that
during No S, but haven't been able to maintain a lower weight.

A constant weight is certainly better than the extra lbs every year.
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

Thisisnotabadidea-

Post by Thisisnotabadidea- » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:42 pm

ladybird30 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:58 pm
Your post struck a chord with me as I am in much the same place at the moment. I am trying stricter
adherence to the no seconds rule to see if I can get below the low of my range. I have done that
during No S, but haven't been able to maintain a lower weight.

A constant weight is certainly better than the extra lbs every year.
Yeah I think this is the thing with no s, you always end up maintaining because it's not a low restriction diet after awhile, if you're lucky it's in the normal weight range. I wish I could look over my days and see if something simple like no seconds would fix it, but I'm already not eating a ton(Roughly 1400-1600 calories a day, well within the normal "diet" amount but I am short and not overweight so I guess I maintain there) :cry:

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:41 pm

What is your activity level? Even though activity can burn negligible calories, for some reason I find it easier to lose weight when I maintain a good level of activity( for myself).

Honestly, the only way I have been able to lose weight on No S is to change the meal composition or eat smaller meals. I'm kind of in that situation right now as I gained 4 pounds over the holidays and haven't been able to lose it with my usual No S way of life. Im working on having slightly smaller meals now. However, I DO eat a lot of food, in that sometimes I still have seconds or very large servings. So I have more to work with.

Thisisnotabadidea-

Post by Thisisnotabadidea- » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:06 am

pinkhippie wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:41 pm
What is your activity level? Even though activity can burn negligible calories, for some reason I find it easier to lose weight when I maintain a good level of activity( for myself).

Honestly, the only way I have been able to lose weight on No S is to change the meal composition or eat smaller meals. I'm kind of in that situation right now as I gained 4 pounds over the holidays and haven't been able to lose it with my usual No S way of life. Im working on having slightly smaller meals now. However, I DO eat a lot of food, in that sometimes I still have seconds or very large servings. So I have more to work with.
Not exceedingly active, I'm at home 99% of the time so I do a lot of chores and stuff around the house but not much purposeful exercise other than a walk once or twice a week for maybe 30 to and hour.

My appetite naturally varies it seems like, so for awhile I'll eat smaller meals and be fine, then something changes and I desperately need more. It correlates with my weight fluctuations so I know if I constantly ate like those light days I might get somewhere but it's hard my body seems to REALLY love being 133-138 :\.

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:48 am

I have consistent success by cutting carbs and not worrying about fats.

If you stick to 2 meals a day make sure there is sufficient fat and protein in the meals.

Keep at it.

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:43 pm

Thisisnotabadidea- wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:06 am
pinkhippie wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:41 pm

Not exceedingly active, I'm at home 99% of the time so I do a lot of chores and stuff around the house but not much purposeful exercise other than a walk once or twice a week for maybe 30 to and hour.

My appetite naturally varies it seems like, so for awhile I'll eat smaller meals and be fine, then something changes and I desperately need more. It correlates with my weight fluctuations so I know if I constantly ate like those light days I might get somewhere but it's hard my body seems to REALLY love being 133-138 :\.

Im home a lot too and I have taken to walking around the back yard and in my living room while listening to an audio book or music. I know what you mean though, after eating light for a while, your body seems to get much hungrier. Same thing happens to me and my body loves being a certain weight also.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:42 am

I wish I had easy answers for you. I'm sending you something less public. Do your best to shave off dense food where you can, and increase nutrient-dense food. Ease your way up to sustainable movement habits. Know the body may resist if you are pushing to the edge of its set point range. In the mean time, dress in as flattering a way as you can, and expand your focus in life! And warmest wishes.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)