Starting NoS after many lapsed years

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Newbroom

Starting NoS after many lapsed years

Post by Newbroom » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:33 pm

Hi there. I’m not sure if these threads are still working. But I need to start noSing again. I did it many years ago and it was so brilliant. But then got out of the habit and seduced by the alternative diets 5:2, low carb etc etc. but I have succeeded at none of these. My spirit is very low, so I have decided to have one more serious NoS attempt. I hope there is still some supportive community here? I am prediabetic, nearly 70, have inflammatory arthritis, heartburn, breathlessness and fatigue. Yes, I am a total crock!!! But I am determined to make a change now, while I still can. I am 14st, and need to - slowly - lose weight and stop being a slave to sugary food etc.
I want to see my granddaughter grow up and enjoy my retirement. I start tomorrow, 1st July. Wish me luck if anyone is out there.
I will do straightforward Nos, but in a 10 hour eating window. I need to rest my liver and pancreas!!
So here goes 😬
Started 200lbs jan1st 2013. Aim: better eating habits and better health. Weight aim: 168lbs

Soprano

Re: Starting NoS after many lapsed years

Post by Soprano » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:52 pm

Good luck, nos works well with low carb and IF. I'm sure you will get things under control. Small changes you can maintain will get you there.

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:06 pm

Yes, some of us are still here! No S can make a big dent in your issues, but you may have to be stricter in your food choices since I am sure you want to arrest the development of your health issues and even reverse them. Vanilla No S is not designed for that, but with mods, you can go a long way.

Did you see my post about the most effective motivations for long term success! You have one of them in spades!

I will send you a private message as well.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:56 pm

Hi, welcome back and all the best.

You say you haven't succeeded at other diets. Then you are comfortably with the majority of people who also have been failed by all the diets they have tried.

To my mind, it's diets and dieting that are the failures, not the people who try them.

I see NoS as one way to make permanent habit changes aimed at moderate eating.This is the opposite of dieting, which is all about temporary food restrictions.
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:21 am

Welcome back! :mrgreen:

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:45 pm

Welcome back!

The boards are still going, but sadly neglected (by me). I keep hoping I"ll have time to tidy them up (or at least convincing one of my children to!) but haven't yet been able to. I am thankful, however, that a core contingent has been finding them useful and keeping them alive.

We do have a facebook group which is more active if that is something that might interest you:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/nosdiet

(I have no love for FB, but it's much easier for me to maintain -- I barely have to do anything.)

Reinhard

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:51 pm

As one of the core contingent I am grateful that you are still keeping this site going
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:05 am

Me too! :mrgreen: