fat burning strips

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mommashell

fat burning strips

Post by mommashell » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:47 pm

Hi everyone. There is something cool that I didn't know about. Wally bought these at walmart. They are fat burning strips. Apparently it's like a pregnancy test. You pee on the strip and if it doesn't change color you aren't burning any fat. If it changes color, depending on what color it changes to, you're burning fat. I think that's neat. Not accessible for me without sighted help, but neat all the same.
Shell

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:16 pm

yeah, i think mostly low carb dieters use them, they measure the amount of keytones in the urine or something...not sure if they would work for any other weight loss plan...worth a try though i guess. :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

mommashell

Post by mommashell » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:04 pm

doulachic wrote:yeah, i think mostly low carb dieters use them, they measure the amount of keytones in the urine or something...not sure if they would work for any other weight loss plan...worth a try though i guess. :D
:) Ohg no, Wally's not on a high proteen plan and they work just fine. They are next to the diabetic supplies so I'm sore they would work for whatever plan you're on, just to let you know that you *are* burning fat for fuel.
Shell

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:48 pm

i know when i used them while i was low carbing, they were definately a motivator...so whatever works to help us along! :D Have you used them yet? just curious as to how they were working for you. Hope it's all good!
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

Toro

Post by Toro » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:02 pm

I'm pretty sure these are for low carbers and they tell you if you are in ketosis, something that should not happen if you're eating normally.