Lost inches and fat, even if I didn't lose pounds

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

hexagon

Lost inches and fat, even if I didn't lose pounds

Post by hexagon » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:06 pm

Hi.

I was feeling quite discouraged because the numbers on the scale seemed to not be changing at all. Today at the gym they took my measurements again, only a month after the previous measurements.

Turns out I lost 2.5 inches on my hips, 1.5 inches from my waist, 2.5 inches from the thighs (that's per thigh). Lost some from my upper arms and chest too. They pinched my fat all over the place with the calipers and calculated my body fat percentage. It went from being too high to borderline acceptable.

All of that in a month. I know the change in diet has really helped, and I haven't felt horribly deprived like I have during previous weight-loss attempts. Funny, I've usually been too lazy to use a tape measure on my body and I just stare at the scale, and then get annoyed when the numbers don't go downwards. Maybe I'll keep on measuring myself now.

Just had to share that. I'm just really surprised I saw results in a month. I'm naturally a pessimist and I didn't expect anything, especially given my various slip-ups. Wow. Diet and exercise actually *can* work (maybe I'm not doomed).

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:34 pm

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!
Keep up the great work!!!!

Peace and Love,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

J Ellis

Post by J Ellis » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:30 am

That's great work! Fat loss is better than weight loss. There is far more to measure in a nutrition and fitness program than merely numbers on a set of scales.

Keep it up.

Joel

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:22 pm

Excellent! A pound gone might be a pound of muscle. No such ambiguity with this measurement. Congratulations!

Diet and exercise really do work, even for non-heroic types, if you make them pleasant and convenient enough to stick with.

Reinhard