Buffet no problem

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Toro

Buffet no problem

Post by Toro » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:34 pm

Yesterday I played in a poker tournament at Foxwoods. I made it deep into the tourney so they gave us a dinner break of 1 hour. I had planned on taking my wife to the Cedars Steak House but I was afraid that there was no way we could get seated and eat within the hour.

So we opted for the Festival Buffet. If you've never been to FW, I'll tell you that this buffet has everything under the sun and then some. I always pig out at this buffet. But yesterday, I told my wife, one plate of food, thats it. I'm not blowing Nos today. But it wasn't that I just didn't want to blow Nos. I really only wanted one plate, I really did.

And as an added bonus, I ended up in the money in the tourney and this morning the scale was down another pound.

navin

Post by navin » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:36 am

Heck yeah. I've found No-S really makes buffets reasonable and enjoyable again. At a Chinese buffet, for instance, I used to be able to pack down two or three plates, as well as desserts. And I felt stuffed and miserable at the end. But now one plate works wonders. I even keep this rule on the weekends, except I allow myself another plate for fruit and desserts and stuff.
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.