Start my count over?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

benjishi

Start my count over?

Post by benjishi » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:22 pm

Well, I got a perfect 100% on a math test. (first College math 100% Ever! Linear Programming WHAT?!?! woo hoo! ) 8)

And I told my girlfriend about it. And she baked me chocolate chip cookies. From her special family recipe.

I had two (of five, gave the rest to my dad). And I knew I was going to eat them, So I only had about half a greek salad for dinner. Calorie wise I think I'm negligable. And I didn't have any other snacks or sweets when we went to the movies...

And there is some argument to be had for an S day.

But this all sounds like whiney excuses and in terms of habit forming, which seems to be the point of the first 21 days we want to be as strict as possible...

So should I start over for NoS?

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:53 pm

Congrats on your score! :)

On the starting over... well, that's up to you. How do you feel about your choice? Did you decide to have an S day, or mess up? If the former, then carry on (maybe swap out for a weekend day). If the latter, start over.

My guess is that, since you have to ask... but only you can decide.

(And you DO have to watch what you count as an potential S-day, lest you end up celebrating "your second-cousin's hamster's birthday" or something else on that level.)

benjishi

Post by benjishi » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:22 pm

Right.

I'm tenative to call it an S day, because it wasn't planned for in advance.

However... Once I heard the gf was making cookies, I did cut down on what I was eating.

And I did limit my intake, which wouldn't have happened so much before NoS.

I think I'll just stick with it at this point, and skip sunday as an S day... And look to only count pre-planned S Days from now on.

Big Phil

Post by Big Phil » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:59 pm

100% is Special, It was an S-day, whether it was planned for or not. Forget about it and move on.
If you can't wholeheartedly enjoy a moment like that (and the fact that you have a girlfriend who bakes you cookies) then this is not a very good lifestyle plan (NB: Not a diet). It's OK to eat cookies, they are nice, just not all the time. It would only become a problem if you were taking tests every week and getting 100% all the time! If you start dong that then you need to pick a harder course. :lol:

Phil.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:52 pm

Generally speaking, I define "S" days as something I know about in advance. But "special" days in life often come about unexpectedly. You wake up thinking it's going to be an ordinary day, and something happens to make it a special day. So enjoy the cookies and just start following your routine again tomorrow.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:44 am

I have taken unplanned S days for arguably less compelling reasons, so I think I'm going to go with Phil on this one. But it really depends on you: what's more motivating, getting to the 21 ASAP or getting there in the most badass uncompromising way?

Trading days is dangerous, I wouldn't advise it. It seems to throw most people off. But again, I have done it, and so have others. It is a legitimate (as far as I'm concerned), if somewhat risky option.

Reinhard