Jenny Craig, nurti-system, and others

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

joasia

Jenny Craig, nurti-system, and others

Post by joasia » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:33 pm

Yes I have tried these. Have you ever read the ingredients in their foods! I was shocked. Hydrogenated oil in almost everything (which causes premature heart disease, there are countries that have banned it), high fructose corn syrup, MSG, a ton of salt, artificial sweetner, a ton of sugar, and artificial colors and flavors. You will lose weight because it is low calorie. And maybe develop a nice cancer too! I understand why people are tempted. You don't have to think about anything, just eat the food. They charge an arm and a leg.
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:57 pm

It's awful stuff. And ask yourself: do people in skinny societies eat this way? If not, why take this enormous, expensive risk? Plus it's disgusting.

When you're suffering from abnormal behavior (overeating) the solution isn't to do something even more abnormal (stuffing yourself with chemicals, turning meals into math class), the solution is to normalize your behavior. And that's what the No S Diet does.

Reinhard

gettnbusy

Post by gettnbusy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:39 pm

Amen to that! Sheesh - all the chemicals are going to kill us all way before our time...and probably even before eating the chocolate does :)
~I'm still not perfect~
~Sophie~

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:09 pm

I actually tried some of the Nutrisystem soup that i bought in a discount grocery store...all i can say is NASTY! it definatly made me realize that it would not be worth the money! i could MAKE homemade chicken noodle soup that would probably be just as low in cals and taste a LOT better!

definatly not worth the hundreds some people spend...though i only paid about 40 cents for the one i bought to try. :D I love discount stores!
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:46 pm

I often wondered how they could ship you a whole month of unrefrigerated food and have it edible all month. YUCK!! Sounds like it is embalmed!! My other question was how does Jenny Craig teach you to cope in the real world with real food? I guess they hope you buy your food from them forever.
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying