diet plan bombardment

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

doulachic

diet plan bombardment

Post by doulachic » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:26 pm

as i'm sitting here watching tv..well, listening at the moment...it occurs to me that i have seen about a million diet ads since New Year's Day. Everything from Nutrisystem to Weight Watchers to all kinds of Pills, have flashed across my screen at least two or three every commercial break....all with promises that this will be my year to lose, to become an "after", to be a sexy size 2 (yeah, not in this life!), you name it.

gee, is it any small wonder that some of us are having trouble with going back and forth? sure makes me wish that i could block those kinds of commercials like you can with the parent controls for swearing...hmmm, maybe there's a way?! :lol:

anyway, just venting.....
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:53 pm

Weight loss commercials are out there because why? Because someone wants to make a ton of money off of someone else's misery!! One of the reasons I was attracte to "No-S" is because it's free and Reinhard isn't a big company who doesn't care and he is not just looking to separate you from your hard earned dollars. Bless you Reinhard!! You DO deserve to make some profit from this and I hope you do, but I am very thankful that you are here on the board every day and that your bottom line is not your bank account! :D
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:02 pm

I totally agree about Reinhard. You are our hero on the web. Someone who cared enough to send his very best "for free". A rare and exotic find. Thanks will never be enough, Sir Reinhard.

Regarding the TV'magazine ads. Are those the same advertisers showing us the steaming pumpkin pies, turkeys, chocolates, after dinner drinks etc. for 2 monthes before Christmas? I think so. Every woman's (and now men's too) magazine touts a diet of some kind on the cover and then the rest of the magazine is filled with recipes for mouth watering meals that are very large on calories, fat and carbs. Course, all the models in the mags are thin, gorgeous people who never overeat and are exercising 18 hours a day. We are supposed to believe we can have it all. But we are called consumers and that is what we are. Every day, we have to decide what we "consume". Not an easy choice sometimes. I never cease to be amazed at how easy it is to know what to do but how hard it is to do it.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

navin

Post by navin » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:12 pm

gee, is it any small wonder that some of us are having trouble with going back and forth? sure makes me wish that i could block those kinds of commercials like you can with the parent controls for swearing...hmmm, maybe there's a way?! Laughing
Heh, that's what the "Mute" button is for! Seriously, though... I don't watch TV much (except times like now, NFL playoffs... March Madness will be similar), but when I do I often take commercial time to do something else... such as fold clothes, work on the daily Sudoku puzzle, feed the cats, etc.... and it's surprisingly effective and has the added benefit that it makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something, instead of just vegging out.
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:42 pm

I almost never watch the commercials -- I get up and so something during them! Sometimes I get mad because I get "done" before the commercial does.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

zoolina

Post by zoolina » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:25 pm

I read a statistic somewhere about how the average American will watch a total of 5 YEARS of commercials in his/her lifetime.

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:24 pm

Hi Tricia. I think you and I are both on the bf.com board also? (I'm TeatforTwo)

I'm with you on the commercials. It makes it seem like there is no way we can possibly feed ourselves. All those programs are is correct portioning and not snacking LOL

I think I actually got the link for noS from you on the bf.com boards at some point last month.

:) Hello, and nice to see you!