Has anyone ever done this, and if so, what happened?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mondurvic

Has anyone ever done this, and if so, what happened?

Post by mondurvic » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:01 am

I think I'd be happy if I ate sandwiches at all three meals, forever. If I were on death row, my last meal request would be for a sandwich. Can one do that - eat the same favourite over and over and over? Has anyone ever done it, and if so, does it eventually come to an end, or does it not matter?

I wouldn't worry if I was eating salads meal after meal, and it's not the calories here that concern me. It's the lack of fruits and vegetables (except for small amounts of lettuce, tomato and cuke), the lack of fiber (multigrain bread notwithstanding), the underlying feeling that this can't possibly be acceptable or right.

Judy
Last edited by mondurvic on Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:30 pm

Ask Jerod who does all the subway sandwich commercials in the US. He lost a huge amount of weight and did it all eating sandwiches every day, every meal for several years. I am sure there is support out there for being healthy eating just about anything. If it is working, don't fix it.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

florafloraflora

Post by florafloraflora » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:14 pm

I don't know, I heard Jared has been putting some weight back on. That's not to say that sandwiches aren't a good thing to eat on a diet as long as they're working, just that in the long run she may want to change her food choices up a little.

zoolina

Post by zoolina » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:25 pm

You should be Dutch! Basic diet: sandwitches all day long and then one "warm" meal either in the afternoon or the evening. If the dutch eat "warm" more than once a day they feel like they're being frivalous!

I think it's ok to eat a lot of bread, as long as you have fruits and/or veggies on the side.

Kevin

sandwiches

Post by Kevin » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:38 pm

If there is a halved bagel, english muffin, or two pieces of bread on my plate, whatever else is on my plate becomes filling. This is true at breakfast, lunch or dinner.

I, like you, worship the Earl (of Sandwich, that is). I see nothing wrong with it. I do restrain myself when eating dinner with others, but most of the time, if it can be a sandwich, it's a sandwich.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

mondurvic

Kinfolk Kevin

Post by mondurvic » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:54 pm

That's exactly how I feel!

Judy

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:13 pm

If it doesn't get too monotonous, I don't see anything wrong with it -- especially if it's good bread.

That line of the Lord's prayer "Give us our daily bread" used to be meant a lot more literally than it is today -- for many people, for much of history, bread was the primary food. Everything else (more or less) was just topping.

Reinhard

gratefuldeb67

Re: Has anyone ever does this, and if so, what happened?

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:24 pm

mondurvic wrote: I wouldn't worry if I was eating salads meal after meal, and it's not the calories here that concern me. It's the lack of fruits and vegetables (except for small amounts of lettuce, tomato and cuke), the lack of fiber (multigrain bread notwithstanding), the underlying feeling that this can't possibly be acceptable or right.

Judy
Hi Judy, hahah.. You always crack me up because you seem to always think about stuff so much, but you have the answer right in your own statement..
Make sure your sandwiches have veggies on them or a small salad on your plate and a fruit for dessert and you are set for life!
(Or Death row! LOL)
Hope you are doing well!
Peace and Love,
8) Debs x
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:49 pm

Well, supposedly limiting variety leads to weight loss -- so why not?

Personally, I could eat some combination of soup, salad, and sandwiches day in and day out Panera and similar places would love me if I ate out all the time. Only occasionally do I really crave something other than those.

By the way, one of my daughters is acquainted with Jared -- no mention of weight gain.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:20 am

You can lose weight eating anything you want. As long as you don't overeat. But from a health stand point, I would add some fruits and veges on the side.
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

joasia

subway isn't that healthy

Post by joasia » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:27 am

I have to be the health nag for a moment. Subway is advertised as the fast food god of health. Which it isn't. Their bread has high fructose corn syrup and trans fats. The deli meats have nitrates and are of poor quality as far as cold cuts go. Yes the veges are good. But the soups and chips are full of salt, sugar, msg, and a list of other things. We should try to purge these ingredients from our diets whether we have a weight problem or not. Try to eat whole foods, organic foods, foods that aren't processed whenever you can. Honestly, subway doesn't taste good. Homemade sandwiches are a thousand times tastier. In a pinch, it will do.
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin