Let's catch ourselved being good

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

pangelsue

Let's catch ourselved being good

Post by pangelsue » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:15 am

One would think reading here that we spend a lot of time screwing up and that we are miserable.

This is fun guys. We are learning a new skill, we are getting healthy. We still have times we can eat sweets and snacks. Remember the horrible diets when we couldn't think about ever eating those things again? It was salads and rice crackers forever. Horrible fake bread. Eggs until we thought we'd puke. No-fat cheese. No alcohol, birthday cake or doritos. We don't have to do that anymore. We can have it all if we only learn 3 simple rules. No matter where you search, it just isn't going to get any better than this. This is as good as it gets.

It will take longer to get there. Were we getting there any other way???
It will take some discipline. Never hurt anybody.
It will take some inner searching. Also good for us.
It is win win win all the way around. If we are looking for something better it is because we want that miracle. That perfect diet where we are never hungry, don't want to cheat, lose 20 pounds a month and never gain anything back. It just doesn't exist.

Let's do the best we can every day. Screw up sometimes, be angelic sometimes but admit, it just doesn't get any better than this and be glad.

Just thought an old complainer would throw that out there and try to turn a new leaf and remember how good this is.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

zoolina

Post by zoolina » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:51 pm

Amen to that, Sue

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:29 am

I love this. I caught myself being good so many times this week. Not perfect but good-er than in a long time. This is starting to be fun and interesting again. Humor has been a wonderful addition to the plan. I am remembering why I love it so much and the more I relax into it, the easier it is again.
I am reminded of a line from the first Star Wars movie. When Princess Leiya (spelling?) is talking to the General and she says "the more you tighten your grip, the more stars will slip through your fingers" (or something to that effect). She was right. The tighter the grip, the more slips away. It has to be livable or we will rebel. Have a good weekend everyone.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

benjishi

Post by benjishi » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:30 pm

This is excellent.