hunger issues

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

joasia

hunger issues

Post by joasia » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:07 am

Still trying to fine tune. When I eat too little at a meal I feel hungry. That edge of hunger nags me until the next meal, like a splinter. Doesn't let me focus on life. But if I eat a little more/too much at a meal, I get that old sense of guilt. Like I am evil for feeling full. I am trying to keep the negative talk at bay (your fat, you don't deserve to feel satisfied, only misery will bring about weight loss). But I remind myself that a little too much at a meal, may just mean that I need to eat a little less at the next meal. I have hope that I will fine tune.
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

jules

Post by jules » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:02 am

Have you tried eating smaller meals more frequently? There's nothing about No-S that says 3 meals only. Now if 4-5 smaller meals won't fit into your schedule, then try slightly larger meals.

good luck!

jules

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:26 am

I think the problem isn't the hunger; it's the guilt. What you need to learn is not to feel guilty for eating enough to satisfy your hunger until the next meal. NO ONE would be successful with this if they were constantly hungry.

Eat enough food to keep you going until the meal! Eating in a sensible manner and learning good habits doesn't mean being hungry all the time!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."