Hi all....I'm new here...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

USAFwife

Hi all....I'm new here...

Post by USAFwife » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:19 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Janine. I happened across this forum and was absolutely stunned by how much supprt and motivation everyone gives here. That is awesome! Its very motivating to see that.

I got married in December '05 and since than have packed on almost 20#....Not good! Anyway...I am tired of feeling unhealthy and out of shape so here I am. I figured I would give this a shot. It seems like something I can handle and actually achieve results from. My whole thing with diets is feeling like I could never eat the things I love so much EVER AGAIN. I am a realist and a chocoholic. LOL ....I mean come on...there is NO WAY I can reach any kind of goal being miserable 24/7. So Thank God I found NoS.

I hope to get to know all of you soon. I will start my check in page in just a moment. Yaaayyy!! I am excited about this. See ya at the check ins!

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:34 pm

Good luck, Janine. This is definitely do-able, even if at times it's a bit hard.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:26 am

Welcome, Janine! This is a very moderate, humane diet, but you actually have to do the little that is required, and that can take so patience and persistence to get down. Your enthusiasm is great, but do budget for that.

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:16 am

Welcome Janine. This system really works so if you make your mind up to stick to it, you'll do great! Glad you found this site.
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:09 pm

Welcome! This is a great group, and the sanest "diet" I've ever seen. :)

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:23 pm

Welcome, Janine! I agree with KCCC -- this is the "sanest" diet I've ever seen.

I wouldn't call myself a tradtionalist, but I do tend to try to figure out what's worked in the past and how others have been successful (success leaves clues). This is the way our ancestors ate -- simply, sensibly, and with a few rules governing their eating behavior.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."