question for silverfish

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

joasia

question for silverfish

Post by joasia » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:46 pm

I had a question if you are willing to share:

You posted some examples from your ndays on a different post. My question is, could you post a sample s day. Do you pretty much stick to 3 meals a day with some small treats, or do you eat a lot more?

Thanks,
joanna
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

silverfish

Post by silverfish » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:13 pm

Ohhh - sample S Day. That depends whether I am in town or at my parent's place.

If I am visiting my parents... Waffles, maple syrup and bacon with brewed coffee and orange-and-mango juice for breakfast. Usually a late breakfast, so we don't have lunch but we do snack - whether on nuts, biscuits or chocolate for afternoon tea. I tend to graze a bit on Saturdays, and also to cook, so I usually consume some dough. Dinner varies, but is usually substantial. And there is generally more chocolate (or tim-tams) in the wings. Sunday is typically more restrained - juice and a little bit of havarti cheese and hot cross buns for breakfast, perhaps sandwiches for lunch, and then I head back to town and either go out for dinner after church, or have something light at home.

If I'm in town, I don't graze out of the cupboards and refrigerator (because they are bare!) but I will usually be out for morning or afternoon tea at least one day, and will have cake. I will have lemon-lime-and-bitters with my meal if we eat at a restaurant. And I will often buy some veryvery dark chocolate to have with tea.

So the answer is, I eat a lot more.

In the early days, I would go out of my way to buy food for the weekend. I would fantasise about vanilla slice, for example, or cheesecake, or almondites and buy it and save it. Now most of those taste far too sweet for me! But I don't set any limits, except that now I don't let myself feel ill anymore (guilt was never a problem - that is the beauty of No-S!), and I'm trying to eat only to survive or because I like the taste, and not just because food is there. A work in progress!

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:13 am

Thanks silverfish, your transformation is inspiring.
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin