This looks doable!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Betty

This looks doable!

Post by Betty » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:03 pm

I stumbled on this site in my internet travels. This looks like it could work. I'm not sure that I can go so long without eating, though (I'm a grazer). How hard is this diet? Do you really feel like you've got a habit down after just 21 days?

florafloraflora

Post by florafloraflora » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:04 pm

Hello there, Betty! I thought I was a grazer too, but I have to say after a month of trying to do this, I've learned that I can go six hours between meals without actually starving to death or even feeling any serious discomfort. I'm still tweaking meal sizes and times, and I haven't actually achieved a perfect 21-day run yet, but it's gotten to be pretty easy, really, and quite manageable.

navin

Post by navin » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:55 pm

I'm the same way... and at first it was difficult to go between meals... especially between breakfast and lunch. But after a while, it got easier. Part of it was getting used to being a little hungry now and then. That can turn into a positive - everything tastes better when you're actually hungry!
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:48 am

Welcome, Betty!

There's a big range. Some people find it easy from the start, most people run into some trouble. So my advice is: be optimistic to jump right in and give it a try, but pessimistic enough to realize that it might take more than one try to get it right.

Don't hesitate to reach for a drink (even a caloric drink like milk or juice) if that's what it takes to get you to the next meal without snacking, and make sure to fuel up on big meals until you've mastered this habit.

Reinhard