100 smart diet tips

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

joasia

100 smart diet tips

Post by joasia » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:54 am

This is the title of an article I read. There were such tips as "brush your teeth after you are done eating" "eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables" "only keep things in the house that have less then 300 calories per serving" and on and on. Weight loss is painful enough. Who wants to remember 100 rules?
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

USAFwife

Post by USAFwife » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:12 am

LOL.....not me!

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:30 pm

That's why we're here. 4 rules, easy to remember and simple to follow.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

Space_mom

Post by Space_mom » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:09 am

The "brush your teeth after eating" tip has helped me a lot! I do it after dinner. I brush and floss impeccably, and I don't eat again because I'm too lazy to do it all again. And I wouldn't dream of going to bed without brushing, I've spent too much money fixing my teeth recently :roll:

OTOH, other tips are useless. I can't help having treats in the pantry because I have kids. Counting veggies and fruits is also boring, but I read a tip that went: start the day with 5 bracelets in one arm and everytime you eat a veg or a fruit move one to the other arm.

Someone suggested to me recently that I make a chart, like a calendar, with boxes to tick as I eat one of each (fruit, vegs, bread, protein, fat, sweets), which seems to be more practical than counting or tracking foods at fitday or nutritiondata sites.

I also have pyramids and pie charts on healthy eating stuck on my fridge with magnets, but I don't look much at them. I'm too lazy... The No-S is ideal for me!! (though SLD has helped me in realigning my eating habits - it curbed my cravings for sweets and non-stop grazing, but I didn't lose as much as other, heavier people).

jennzenn

Post by jennzenn » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:38 pm

I think that no-s is ideal for me too...like space_mom said.

I am tired of being a food accountant. I have kept track of every bite and calorie....I have counted every gram of carb,protein and fat......I have measured and weighed...subtracted and added.
You name it...and I have surely tried it.

I got myself obsessed with food and weight loss. It took the pleasure out of eating. I don't have much to lose...just 15 pounds.
But the emotional strain of having food control your every thought is crazy! THANKS NO-S.

Finally a diet that is not a diet!

JennZenn