I'm new since last week..finally a formal introduction

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jennzenn

I'm new since last week..finally a formal introduction

Post by jennzenn » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:38 pm

Hi everyone,
I have about 15 pounds to lose. I have tried I think every diet out there.
I have never been very overweight...probably because of my never-ending obsession with my "food accounting ledger" as reinhard would put it. :)

I have counted, weighed, measured, deleted food groups (all you former atkins will understand that one), been vegan (yuck) been carnivore (better but boring)...did the blood type thing.....did fit for life thingy....atkins, zone, point system, shangri-la, canada food guide, body fuelling, slim fast, and probably more others than I could mention.

Like most of you out there...We are all walking encyclopedias about nutrition, and how many grams of fat, carb and protein there are in a serving of XYZ! But in spite of all of this "knowledge"...still manage to battle with our weights.

I suppose if it wasn't for all of that trying...I would probably weigh more than I do. It takes a HUGE amount of discipline to stay on a diet and anyone that has managed to be on one for more than a week....deserves a medal of honor!

I found NO-S and have known about it for about a year...I think. Its simplicity seemed too easy. I feel silly that for all of the diet-information out there and "rules made by diet promoters that I know by heart"
....the most important one came from my grandmother..."don't snack before dinner...you will spoil your meal" then Reinhard came along and had to remind me...."don't snack or your butt is gonna get big!"

My problem was trying to "diet" by not eating enough at breakfast etc...thinking I was not eating that much....but ending up extremely hungry and tired all of the time...so snacking on unbalanced foods...and starting a cycle of "bad eating habits".

I work at home and receive "clients in our recording studio between 6:00PM and 9:00 PM) right at supper. Which meant eating breakfast lunch and then having to eat at 5:00 when I wasn't hungry and then again after 9:00.
I was trying to get by on a coffee and a piece of toast in the morning. MISTAKE!
No-S has made me reconsider my personal meal time schedule, what I need to eat to feel energetic and well until my next meal. And Realize that extra snacks add up on the waistline.
I now eat Breakfast@9:00 AM, lunch @ 3:30 PM and supper at 9:30 PM during the week.
My breakfast is like a lunch....lunch is supper and supper is my breakfast. Strange but true. I feel like a million bucks! I have more energy than I have had in a VERY LONG TIME!

Thankyou NO-S
JennZenn

(Sorry for the long winded post) :wink:

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:41 pm

Good for you, on finding a meal schedule that works so well.

Welcome-you are going to feel so free here! It's lovely not to have to keep track of everything :D Everyone is really nice here, and its great to finally have a sensible way to eat and live that doesn't make you stressed and crazy from worrying about every morsel.

Again, Welcome!!

Hilary

iu

We started about the same time

Post by iu » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:48 pm

Glad to hear how well this is working, and notice how happy you sound!! Nothing worse than feeling deprived and crabby. I still have some "carb" fears but it's lessening. Welcome !!!
"There is no beautifier of complexion, or form, or behavior like the wish to scatter joy and not pain around us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

jennzenn

Post by jennzenn » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:08 pm

iu,
I am happy...for one of the first times in my life..(as far as food is concerned)
It is funny, I don't crave sweets or junk. Because I know when I can have them and it is very clear cut. I don't even have to ask myself if I should cheat or not. There is no cheating....just eating!

I am so happy to eat real food and food I love.

Atkins and other low carb low Gi plans reminded me of the importance of vegetables and fruits and protein . I use that when planning my 3 meals per day. but that is as far as it goes.

I don't count the carbs in my sushi, or side dish of pasta or rice. Anyway....it is hard to get a carb overload on one plate of food. even if it is pasta....one cup of spaghetti and sauce spreads out pretty big on a regular sized dinner plate. And if you added a salad on one half of the plate...well...you see where I'm goin' with this huh!

so happy to have you here....we all can support each other.

Jennzenn

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:14 pm

Jenn - Welcome! It's liberating not to be stressing over what you should and should not eat all the time, isn't it? Sounds like you've found a good plan for you. I know it's working for me. I've got a lot more to lose but I'm down a little over 20 pounds now and it's like it's just falling off by itself!!
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

jennzenn

Post by jennzenn » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:26 pm

justannie,
Thankyou for your warm greetings,
I hope that the pounds will melt off of me like yours are. I feel good doing no s. Like many people have mentioned, when we are going to have 3 real meals per day...we sure make them balanced and make them last till the next.

This has been the biggest change in my eating habits, trying to "diet" just makes our eating very weird and messed up.
Jennzenn

Space_mom

Post by Space_mom » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:36 am

Good to know you're feeling good about the No-S, Jenn! :)
My second set of S-days was harder than the first... I baked a cake and ate almost half :oops:
I've realized I can't pig out like that on S-days, or I'll never see results.
Now my weight has gone up, but it's hormonal time :? maybe it's just water weight (fingers crossed!) :)
Are you still working SLd calories into your schedule?
I've been very remiss, instead of the noseclipped milk with protein powder early evenings I've been eating oranges. Friends keep giving me bags of them, and I don't want then to go bad...
I should open a thread in the check-in section, to track progress.
It's good to read all the succes stories of No-S dieters, like JustAnni's, it keep us motivated! :)