Re-introduction. The Comfortable are Afflicted!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

storm fox

Re-introduction. The Comfortable are Afflicted!

Post by storm fox » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:27 am

Hello again, all.
Ever hear the saying, "comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable?"
I've gotten too comfortable, and it's afflicted me. I have not been doing any strongman stuff, mostly kettlebells, and not nearly regularly enough. I'm constantly hovering around 190 pounds at 5'8" with a 38" waist. My wife and I saw 300 last weekend, and oh, my crap did that movie get me motivated to get back into shape. I want visible abs! They are under this confounded pad of fat, I know it!
I am no longer doing so much manual labor, so it won't be so hard to get all needed calories in 3 plates. The time is right. No S will be my diet and kettlebells and walking will be my exercise. My default exercise plan, if I can't come up with something workable on my own by Sunday, is to do Anthony DiLuglio's Art of Strength DVDs. I have the first two.

david

Post by david » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:21 pm

I like Anthony DiLuglio's stuff. Good luck storm fox!

--david

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:29 pm

Welcome back, Storm!

I think the long term trick is to do no more than you know you can do FOREVER (or at least till very old age). Throttle your energy into something consistent and regular. If you can manage a little consistently, then consider adding a little more. But be very loath to risk what you have for progress.

I know it's hard to restrain yourself when you're burning to become a raging spartan warrior, but there is no idea more Greek than moderation.

Reinhard