WooHoo! :)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:30 pm

Today is day 21 of my 2nd set of 21!!!!!!

How do I feel?
Way better! For one, my relationship with food has completely changed. I no longer look at each plate of food with guilt, no longer chastize myself for what I've eaten each day.
I am no longer sad and depressed about myself (even dh comments how much happier I am!). I may be overweight but I'm working on it, and that's what counts.
I enjoy my S day treats thoroughly with ZERO guilt. I do try to NOT be an idiot though LOL.

I have learned that I will not starve in the 4 hrs it takes to get to the next meal. Hunger is uncomfortable, but it is not overly painful and isn't going to cause me to keel over from a hunger attack.

I have not lost control of my eating and I am so proud of myself, since food has been an issue since I was a small child (first diet was 2nd grade, my mom obsessed about my weight!)

Our grocery bill is less... I'm not eating a box of crackers, half a package of oreos, a couple bagels with pb&j on them or butter every day between meals where I would also have seconds. I am not following supper up every day with ice cream (probably 4 servings, since a serving size is 1/2 cup and I woudl just fill my bowl) plus a few cookies to dip in the ice cream as I ate.

See how that would all add up!? That's a LOT of food.

I think my pancreas is happier too, since it's not having to continuously pump out more and more insulin as I eat. My insulin resistance is improved as is my acanthosis nigricans (darkening of the skin caused by excess insulin in the blood).

Overall, an excellent experience. I sortof wanted to take tomorrow as a an S day for a day of celebration but I think that would be unwise. Tomorrow will be day one of set 3 Smile And it WILL be a success!!

LOL I feel like I"m accepting my noS 21 day "Grammy" award LOL. But it's true.

A huge GIANT ENORMOUS Thank You!!!!! Goes to Hilary (jaxhil)!!! She and I have been buddies for the last 21 days and we both made it through together! I cannot thank her enough for her support and also have been happy to support her. Every time I think I want to give up and have a snack or a sweet I think of her and stop myself, because I know she's trying too! Thanks babe :) :)

Ok I'll calm down now, getting a bit enthusiastic LOL.

Thought I'd share!!!

Day 1, set 3 here we come!
Tiffani
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:04 pm

Brilliant! Congratulations, you've done the hardest bit! That is great news.

I do admire you for making big changes while coping with a pre-schooler and a baby. I couldn't have done it when mine were little. You're doing brilliantly sticking to No S.

stevecooper

Post by stevecooper » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:35 pm

Excellent, excellent news. Well done.

silverfish

Post by silverfish » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:59 pm

Congratulations! That's great :)

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:29 am

Wonderful accomplishment! Congratulations. And the NO S grammy goes to.........you. I am very happy for you. And what a great decision to reward yourself with the start of the 3rd 21. You are a winner, girl.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:38 pm

tee hee :lol:

YAH for us, eh, Tiffani?! For me, it's my *first* set of 21 days!

I am with you, I know for a FACT I wouldn't have made it without you!!!

I feel better as well. Usually, LOL. I am still getting over being sick yesterday, but it's just a headache today.

I love how I have learned I CAN make it to the next meal without starving (who knew?!).

I love how I can do without SODA. AND how I found it tastes almost sickeningly sweet on my S-days.

I love how I don't feel guilty for what I chose to eat anymore.

I love how I don't feel continuously BLOATED from eating constantly (which I honestly didn't believe I did!).

Thank you so much Tiffani. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you're being there for me. Here's to our NEXT 21 days!!!! 8)

Hilary

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:43 pm

Congratulations Tiffani and Jaxhil!

Maybe more newbies should follow your buddy system example. I am so happy it's working so well for you.

Reinhard

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:27 pm

You GO! :)

I am so happy for you. Thank you for sharing. Can't wait to hear when you reach your NEXT 21 days!

PS - a celebration doesn't have to be food-oriented. I am finding that, as I give up food to comfort/nurture myself, I'm identifying other things that give me pleasure. Indulge in something to celebrate - doesn't have to be big! Buy yourself flowers, a new pair of earrings or shoes, raspberries for dinner (perfectly No-S, but pricey enough to count as an indulgence!), a new book, etc. Or give yourself a "time-gift" - take an hour to go to the museum or craft store or take a bubblebath... whatever will make you feel rewarded and indulged. :)

Kevin

Great news

Post by Kevin » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:16 pm

Great news, T. Think of th example you are setting for your kids. For that matter, think of the example you are setting for yourself, and for us.

You go!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:49 pm

Thanks guys, and c ongratulations to hilary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: 8)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18