Today at Target...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

FarmerHal

Today at Target...

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:38 pm

So I have a NoS diet business card printed out and in my wallet.

I passed by the book section. The orange cover of "the abs diet" caught my eye as did "french women don't get fat.

The wheels in my head turned a little.

I whipped the cart around and found my business card. I layed it in front of the diet books (GIMMICK'S!!!). I happily went on with my shopping.

I hope it makes a difference for someone.

Am I bad or am I bad?!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Toro

Re: Today at Target...

Post by Toro » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:26 pm

shamrockmommy wrote:So I have a NoS diet business card printed out and in my wallet.

I passed by the book section. The orange cover of "the abs diet" caught my eye as did "french women don't get fat.

The wheels in my head turned a little.

I whipped the cart around and found my business card. I layed it in front of the diet books (GIMMICK'S!!!). I happily went on with my shopping.

I hope it makes a difference for someone.

Am I bad or am I bad?!
French women don't get fat because they essentially follow no s.

Kevin

Nice

Post by Kevin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:42 pm

Nice tactical insertion. You're a No-S guerilla!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:31 am

LOL!!! :lol:

Nice move Tiffani! You probably made someone VERY happy!!

Who knows? Maybe they'll post here, and tell about there fateful encounter in the Target book section!! 8)
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:33 pm

I long ago gave up on various diet plans/programs, but have read both French Women Don't Get Fat and Mediterranean Women Stay Slim, Too.

I read them largely because I'm fascinated with the Mediterranean diet, their way of eating -- the food as well as the dietary and lifestyle customs. I liked the books because they both deal a lot with habits and attitudes surrounding food and eating more than diet plans. While there are recipes in both, they aren't the typical diet recipes we're accustomed to and there are no menus to follow.

What I really like about them, as No-S, is that they aren't arbitrary programs that restrict what you eat and give you a new set of "rules" (based on what worked for the author and some others). They're ways of approaching food/eating that have worked for years for a large number of people.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:28 pm

Way to go, Shammock!! You are a rebel with a cause. I love it. Sort of like Zorro only instead of leaving a Z you leave a No S. You made my day.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."