ANYthing?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

TigerCrane

ANYthing?

Post by TigerCrane » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:04 pm

So on the no-S diet I can eat anything, as long as I eat only one plate. What about really nasty foods?

Can I eat Fried Chicken? Barbecued duck? Kung Pao Chicken? Meatball subs? Fettucini Alfredo?

florafloraflora

Post by florafloraflora » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:22 pm

I would say, sure, if that's what you want to eat for starters, you should go ahead. During the initial 21-day period I ate some really heavy foods at first, but I found that I naturally gravitated to fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins because that's what kept me feeling full the longest. Eventually I got so I felt unpleasantly stuffed if I ate the really heavy foods.

Then there's the "don't be an idiot" rule. Sure, you could fit four sticks of butter on your plate and call that a meal, three times a day, but you'll find that's not going to work very well.

The beauty of No-S is that it's sort of self-correcting: as long as you make a strong habit of eating just 3 meals a day, no snacks, no sweets, no seconds, the rest will fall into place. I never thought it could work that way, but now it's second nature to me.

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:25 pm

anything within reason. don't eat 3 sticks of butter or 5 pounds of raw meat on a plate. Eat regular meals. Put a portion on your plate that will satisfy not starve or stuff. This takes a while to feel out. At first I put tiny portions and then later I would overeat or snack late at night. I have days where I eat fast food for two of the meals, but I am trying to get away from that.
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:26 pm

P.S. this is still a diet, you just don't have to count every crumb's calorie. But if your plate is piled with 6 feet of food, you know you probably won't lose weight, thus the "don't be an idiot" clause.
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

Kevin

ANYthing?

Post by Kevin » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:43 pm

I don't eat fast food too much anymore, but I don't limit myself if I want to. I usually don't have fries, but if I need lunch, I'll get a quarterpounder occasionally.

Occasionally, I'll do something really stupid and eat KFC or whatever. But once you are used to eating three regular meals a day, you'll fee a lot better with a 6" Subway sub and baked chips.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:31 pm

Yup. Anything.

Yes, it is possible to technically follow the rules and still overeat, but I don't think you can do this without it being glaringly obvious -- and long term, that obviousness will be enough to keep you sufficiently in line.

Good luck and enjoy!

Reinhard

stevecooper

Post by stevecooper » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:41 pm

milczar wrote:don't eat 3 sticks of butter or 5 pounds of raw meat on a plate.
Damn. I was enjoying my regular 'dairy triple'... ;)