All right, I can do this!!!! Wish me luck!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

karinatwork

All right, I can do this!!!! Wish me luck!

Post by karinatwork » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:02 pm

Ok, so after reading the great Non-S website and some comments on here, I started on Wednesday afternoon. I had already snacked in the morning, so it doesn't really count... I was super-good on Thursday and Friday, and on the weekend I wasn't too bad (although it was my son's birthday party and I had to make a dinosaur cake), and this morning I was down 2 lbs!! I was hungry during the 2 no-s days, but it was a good hungry feeling, a hungry I can deal with, because I know it's a matter of hours before I can have a good meal, not some rabbit food.
I mostly cook WW recipes anyway, they're low fat, but I just have a not-WW portion (their sizes are too small anyway).
Is it possible that my body agrees with me not eating constantly? At one point, someone told me that it was good for me to graze constantly, that I would lose more weight... I don't know anymore...
Here I am, liking the whole thing, I want to continue! Wish me luck!

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:50 pm

Luck!!
It does get easier. I've been noSing since mid December. The first month I did really well, the next one, did terrible but kept trying and the third and now start of the 4th it's pretty much automatic.
It really helps to check in on the check in board :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:07 pm

Welcome and good luck! :)

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:21 pm

Hi and welcome.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 am

Good luck!

Put that grazing thing out of your head. No one grazed back when we were skinny. This is a new, historically unprecedented fat society behavior.

Reinhard

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:10 pm

Welcome, and good luck!

I agree, grazing is what got me 60lbs overweight! I was skinny when I ate at meals only-and I sure as heck didn't *diet* then! LOL. This is a wonderful system, I am so much happier eating only at meals and having my treats on weekends. I don't feel even a tiny bit of guilt on the weekends, knowing I am within the plan, and I feel *good* and I enjoy my treats on weekends. Something I didn't feel when I was "grazing" that's for sure!

Anyway, I think you will like it here 8)
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:40 am

I agree. I also put on 60 by grazing.
Used to be my typical day went something like this:
PBJ bagel (full sized.)
coffee/creamer
bowl of cereal
another bagel with butter this time
soy milk

That was between 7:30am to 11am

Lunch was
pasta or whatever leftovers,
soy milk
bagel with butter
box of crackers
a row of cookies
another bagel with butter or pbj

Phew!
That's pretty much from 11a to 5p
Supper- would make a nice fancy meal with lots of carbs and a meat (often enough for 3 servings!)
more soy milk
breadsticks or toast

And then night time:
dessert= ice cream, apple cobbler

and because I was "hungry" another bagel with pbj.

I mean, LOOK at that.

Still I was in denial "I really don't eat that much!" A lot of it was mindless eating, it was entertainment, it was my friend, it helped bury feelings of loneliness, being tired, being stressed or sad.

And at the end of the day I felt like a complete and utter failure. I felt I was not a good person at all.

I realize this only now how bloated, gassy, tired and uncomfortable I was. I was going to the bathroom several times a day, 5 maybe 6 times!

These things have taken a few months to understand, but you have to take it day by day. You will fall off the wagon and jump back on several times, I did. Just keep going, keep trying.

There are days where I load my plates up pretty well, but I wind up staying on habit the entire day.

I find I'm not even really that hungry between meals. And hey, if I am, hungry is just a feeling. It doesn't hurt all that much and it certainly isn't going to kill me to wait a few hours to eat.

So I look back at what I've typed and I'm really amazed at what I read.

Today I got terrible news at the dentist and I still have leftover cake from this weekend. It's really, really good cake. And I stood there. And I looked at the cake. It would have felt soo good, the slightly graininess of the frosting, the spongy meltiness of the cake. Sooo yummy, soo good. For a moment I would forget that once again my teeth need a ton of work. Just a moment. If I ate that cake, the problem is still there and the cake wouldn't have done me any good.

So here I am with another smiley face on my calendar.
And I know it's been said, but if I can do it, you can too.
Seek help here, post often, do your check in. Be honest with yourself. You might have to repeat things to yourself often (such as "this terrible feeling will still be here if I eat the cake." or "hunger is just a feeling, it will pass and lunch will be here soon.")

I wish you the best of luck and the peace of mind that noS has brought to me. :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18