These things which I'm noticing

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

FarmerHal

These things which I'm noticing

Post by FarmerHal » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:08 pm

It's quite strange really.

Today dh went out to get a dozen eggs to boil up so my 3 yr old can decorate them for easter. He said "Do you want some ben & Jerry's"
I pondered for a minute. I considered the flavor and the feel of ice cream in my mouth. Heavy, creamy, too sweet. I decided I *don't like ice cream!!!!!*
<where is the jaw dropping smiley?>:shock:

I asked for orange sherbet instead. :lol:

Yesterday I didn't have any of my favorite pants to wear since they were all in the laundry. So I stared at the size 20 jeans that I knew were too tight and it was really uncomfortable to do anything in those jeans other than just standing.

I had to put them on, we had to run out for an errand.

AND THEY FIT! They weren't nearly as snug as the last time I wore them. I came out into the kitchen and dh grabbed the slack of my pants by my hamstrings and he declared they are much looser than before.

Color me surprised. what a shocking turn of events LOL

Reinhard, I cannot THANK YOU enough for putting the simple common sense out there and this bulletin board. And Hilary for being there for me!

To date I have gone from 242 to 232. I'm still way overweight, but that's 10 pounds gone since December.

:)

Happy days!!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:06 pm

Tiffani:

Congratulations!!!! :D :D

There's nothing better then pulling on pants that you thought would be tight and they aren't! Clothes are one of the best ways to measure your successes!!!

No S rocks, doesn't it?

Dru

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:19 pm

Good for you!

I too am finding foods that "aren't really that good." At the same time, I am allowing myself to enjoy smaller portions of truly decadent things that I DO like, but always ate with so much guilt that the enjoyment was diminished. On S days, I only bother with the good stuff. Quality, not quantity.

Summer clothes just came out of storage (right before the cold snap, lol!) and I was pleased to find that items that were a little snug last year are now quite comfy or even a little loose. That's a good feeling.

And now that I don't use food as my "default activity," I am finding a number of other activities to enjoy. Now, that's quite a life bonus!

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:53 pm

I totally am doing the same thing with ice cream. My whole life it's been my favorite thing and now over the last couple months I just don't want it anymore. It's so weird. I'm still enjoying many other sweets and popcorn-y like snacks, but that one is just no longer of much interest to me.

Congratulations on how great you're doing! And the 10 pounds -- that's excellent!

Julie

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:34 pm

Congratulations!!! Eagerly waiting to hear that those size 20's are too loose! :D

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:38 pm

Thanks guys! :) It's pretty exciting, I hope I don't screw it up lol

I made a cake today, trimmed it into an egg shape and decorated it with patterns and such for tonight/tomorrow.

I had a piece and you know, I was really kindof grossed out! it was good but so sweet! This is an interesting development, for sure. typically, this kind of cake I'd eat at least 2 big pieces and then want for another.

You know I think I would rather have had an apple with cheese slices. Just sweet enough and not so sugary.

dang! the things that come out of my head... weird!

And I have size 18 jeans waiting for me too :)
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:56 pm

Wow, Tiffani, that is so EXCITING!!!! :D So you've almost gone down TWO SIZES?!!! YAHHHHH!!!!

I am so happy for you-you are doing *great*, you deserve it!!

How cool that you are now grossed out by your own cake :p LOL I'm kidding, I am sure it was delicious! But I made that chocolate cake a couple of weeks ago, and it was *gooooood*, but I felt the same way-towards the end I was actually grossed out too, yuck- I actually gave the rest of mine to DH because I couldn't take the sugar overload!! I NEVER would've thought that would happen.

Even soda isn't quite as appealing as it once was. I can't drink as much as I used too on S-days-its starting to taste like syrup. I'll think, maybe I should just save this for when I have popcorn (homemade, yummy!), because that's a treat I *really* love; homemade popcorn with real butter and a bit of salt and a soda with lots of ice. ummmmmmmm 8) That's worth it then and it's a good compliment to the salty popcorn, and I would really enjoy that. It wouldn't be wasted calories because I would only do that on weekends so it would be special and ENJOYED instead of fretted over and felt majorly guilty over.

And the ice cream I told my DH not to eat because I wanted it this past weekend,? It's still in the freezer, untouched :shock: Maybe I'll have it next weekend-maybe not!

Anyway, I am really happy for you-and trying to catch up :D
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

J Ellis

Post by J Ellis » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:13 am

Congratulations.

Joel

florafloraflora

Post by florafloraflora » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:11 pm

Yaaaaay! Yay for realizing you didn't want the ice cream, and yay for smaller jeans! That's the best feeling ever, fitting into smaller clothing.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:11 pm

That's great, Tiffani. Congratulations!

I still love sweets... more than ever. I just don't feel the constant need for them, and it seems like it's a waste of a limited opportunity to eat sweets that aren't really top quality. Ice cream I'm still very fond of in general, but pretty much all sugar soda falls into that substandard category for me. I drink next to none (movies are pretty much the only exception), because why would I waste my S-day appreciation of sweets on that?

Reinhard

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:52 pm

Exactly, Reinhard.

Soda was never a favorite for me, I don't like the carbonation and it just tastes terrible. Bleh.

But decadent 'rare' desserts are so much more worth it on S days than just ice cream. Or oreos, etc.

it's gotta be homemade for me or from a really nice restaurant to even be considered these days :)
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18