sugarfree stuff

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

want2bhealthy

sugarfree stuff

Post by want2bhealthy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:43 pm

does anyone eat sugarfree pudding or ice cream on no s days?? i havent done it yet but i was just wondering if it is a good idea or not? is it allowed? i want to follow the plan excactly, so i need to know.
man, i have tried EVERYTHING else, this has to be my last stop.
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:05 am

My advice: Don't mess with sugar free. First, you KNOW that stuff is bad for you. More importantly, it undercuts the very habits you are trying to build.

See the "Splenda" thread, or go back and read the No-S page from top to bottom - those both cover the topic.

(And don't despair... you won't miss it after the first week, honest. You can have the real deal on weekends, and that tastes SO much better.)

florafloraflora

Post by florafloraflora » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:15 pm

What KCCC said: I don't recommend it. The rule is "no sweets", it doesn't say anything about how the sweetness got there. That doesn't mean you can't put a spoonful of honey or sugar in your tea or your oatmeal, but I'd stay away from anything that's actually dessert-level sweet because it keeps your sweet tooth active instead of letting it wither the way it's supposed to with No-S.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:19 pm

I'm with florafloraflora and KCCC -- don't mess with the stuff. If you want something sweet with your meal, have fruit and eat it at the end of the meal.

I won't allow sugar substitutes in my home. I KNOW what sugar does -- I'm not sure about the substitutes. And I don't need something teasing my tastebuds! Better to have the real deal now and again than the fake stuff more often.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

want2bhealthy

thanks guys

Post by want2bhealthy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:23 pm

thank you everyone, i will take everyones advice. i just wont do it. i guess i should re read the no s page, just to brush up i have been quitting and coming back for almost a year.
man, i have tried EVERYTHING else, this has to be my last stop.
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207