South Beach Diet anyone???

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

p00kie

South Beach Diet anyone???

Post by p00kie » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:56 pm

Hi all, im new to this board,
im looking to start a diet, there are so many out there! i am thinking of going with sbd, anyone had success? they are offering a free profile now,
http://www.southbeachdietheart.com/
so im more tempted to give it a try, if someone has any suggestions, advice for me id really appreciate it.

karinatwork

Post by karinatwork » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:50 pm

Did you read the book???
I only needed to read the testimonies to make me rethink the whole thing. Every single one was describing HOW HARD the diet is to stick to, and how UNHAPPY they were about what they had to give up in order to achieve their goal (and KEEP IT!)
I was wondering the whole time why he even added those reviews.
Started on March 29, 2007 with 237 lbs.
- 4 lbs

florafloraflora

Post by florafloraflora » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:19 pm

I'd recommend skipping the South Beach Diet and going with No-S.

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:23 am

I agree with Flora.
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:34 am

Ditto!

Why not give No-S a try?

So many people here have tried every diet in the world and they find them difficult and unrealistic in terms of keeping them up for a lifetime. Say you are lucky enough to succeed (and most, I would venture, aren't for long!)... to keep your success, you really can *never* go off the diet. Can you really and truly see yourself following any such plan for the rest of your life??

When I look back on my life, I realize that when I was thin, I NEVER dieted. I didn't think about it AT ALL. I ate when I was hungry (which coincidentally was pretty much a carbon copy of the No-S plan) and I maintained a normal weight. When I gained a few pounds-the first diet I tried was when I was only about 10 pounds over weight- I tried my first diet. By the end of that diet I weighed a whopping 35 pounds over what I should have. And it's been a miserable battle ever since.

Until I found No-S that is. Now I enjoy my food. And if you read the many posts here, you'll find most people here do too. We can have our cake (on S-days! 8) ) and eat it too-without guilt!

Give it a try-once you do, you may *never* go back to those restrictive, tortuous diets again. And think of the $$$ you'll save on diet books!
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:42 am

I agree with the others -- forget South Beach and follow No-S.

But, I notice that you linked to the South Beach Heart Diet. If you have or are concerned about heart disease, there are plenty of other sources to determine what you should/shouldn't eat that are perfectly compatible with No-S.

There's something else, too. If you choose South Beach, you will be on a diet either until you lose the weight and go OFF the diet (at which time you will regain the weight). If you choose No-S, you will learn habits that will last you a lifetime with no need to go "off" the program.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."