My experience with No-S and exercise

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Bee

My experience with No-S and exercise

Post by Bee » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:28 am

I have been doing No-S since January and it is starting to make me EXERCISE! I am a lifelong non-exerciser, but I've been running lately (1 mile, regularly) and walking a LOT more than I used to.

I was thinking about it and I think it is because I really haven't lost much weight so far on No-S. Since I started being overweight, I always thought "I don't need to exercise more, if I could just eat less I would lose this weight, no problem". But, thanks to No-S, my eating habits are under control now, although the pounds are not melting off of me. To be fair, I haven't done No-S perfectly (I've had a few slip-ups, both minor and major) BUT I'm definitely building habits and getting better and better at being strict. And I have lost maybe a couple of pounds, but not enough to register consistently on the scale, and definitely not as much as I'd hoped.

So, I did all that I THOUGHT I needed to do to lose weight and it is not quite enough. It is clear to me now in a way that I never realized before that I need to exercise AND eat right if I'm going to have the body that I want. And THAT is what has finally motivated me to exercise. So now, thanks to No-S, I'm building good habits, both for diet and exercise. And even if I don't ultimately lose any weight, I think that these habits are going to be lifelong because I feel SO much better.

So in a way I'm kind of glad at how things are working out... if I'd just started losing a lot of weight just by doing No-S, I might not have discovered exercise. And now, even if I don't actually lose a lot of weight, I'm going to be healthier than I would have been otherwise because I will be doing exercise. For me, this is just one more hidden benefit of No-S. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:23 pm

It sounds like you're really doing great!!

I am in a similar boat, although I have only been noessing since Feb 28, and I've just started my 3rd set of 21 day cycles, yah! I am experiencing the same thing-I can see my eating is *finally* getting under control. I no longer think about snacking constantly or in response to stress. I know I've got a ways to go, but I can see the habit becoming more and more effortless.

Also like you, I have not seen any significant weight loss, if ANY. But I'm exercising more, much more-getting on my treadmill and doing my time. And I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I do! I am happy that I haven't felt like quitting even though it's slow-I am feeling so much better-I can get up and down easier, I can RUN (ok, *jog*) a whole mile without stopping, and so many other things. I feel alive again, know what I mean?

I am actually enjoying it (most days, :lol: ).

I agree, I feel for me, I need to do No-S *and* exercise to really reach my goals. I am looking forward to meeting them. This time, with No-S eating habits firmly in place, I know there won't be any going back!

You are right-it is so much better to be healthy *in addition* to the weight loss-knowing you're stronger, and more fit is a huge boost to your daily mood (for me anyway!). I mean I may be 50-60 pounds overweight, but I CAN run a whole mile without stopping...I know plenty of skinny people who can't say that!! 8)
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson