Where did my chocolate craving go?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

karinatwork

Where did my chocolate craving go?

Post by karinatwork » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:14 pm

A funny thing is happening. It's Saturday, right? I haven't had a taste of chocolate all week long. That's horrible. I mean, chocolate is my most favorite thing in the world. I always thought I can't do without it. All this week, I was thinking about chocolate and how I would eat a ton of it on the weekend, and now it's Saturday morning and my house is full of chocolate and I still haven't eaten any and I don't even know IF I WANT TO!!!

Weird.
Started on March 29, 2007 with 237 lbs.
- 4 lbs

fitchick

good for you

Post by fitchick » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:24 pm

Good for you!!! No chocalate...I wish I could do that. I think before I found this website I was having at least a half of candy bar a day...Until one day I realized how much chocalate I was consuming and I really begin to realize I really have a problem with chocalate.... :!:

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:39 pm

Karina!!!!!!

You crack me up!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think when we don't have our sugar fix on a daily basis it seems to diminish.

(This, coming from a woman who had M&M's for breakfast....but hey, its an S day!!!!)

Dru

karinatwork

Post by karinatwork » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:59 pm

For breakfast??? Gosh - well, I had a Egg & Bacon Bagel AND a low fat orange/cranberry muffin from McDonalds WITH a medium orange juice!!! I guess that's why I don't crave the chocolate right now. :D

But I know what I want as a treat this weekend (I've made a plan this week): SCHWARZWAELDER KIRSCHTORTE! (for the non-German speaking population, that would be Blackforest cake)...
- 4 lbs

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:12 pm

LOL-you are too funny! I had 2 homemade chocolate chip cookies (small) for (part of) breakfast-my son had made them last weekend but I only got to have one or two before Monday. I had been looking at them ALLLL week, but resisting! Then this morning the weight (oops-Freudian slip! haha) was over. And I hafta say, I really thought they were too sweet :shock: I *LOVE* chocolate chip cookies-but I am finding more and more the longer I do NoS the less I want sweet things, even on s-days. I was really shocked at this development!

Now I want to save my treats for something special and homemade, preferably :D

A nice and surprising development, eh? Who knew it could happen? When you have your black forest cake, enjoy!
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:02 am

This isn't atypical. It also may not last, but don't worry if it doesn't - you can have your chocolate fix on Saturday or Sunday.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

karinatwork

Post by karinatwork » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:32 am

Yeah, it didn't last very long. But going 5 days without chocolate and then not eating any until the 6th day around 2 PM isn't bad! This was my first real week on No-S. The first week was only 3 days because I started on a Wednesday, the second week had my son's birthday on Thursday, and this week was the first "real" one. And I did it not slip up once! I never even licked some icing from the beater, or grabbed ONE peanut out of the bowl!!! :D
- 4 lbs

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:58 pm

I have noticed my sweet tooth has really dissipated as well. I had ice cream yesterday (it was a "1 scoop" waffle cone, so you know they pack the whole cone with ice cream and then put a scoop on top). Well I only got through the top scoop and I was literally ready to barf! It was sssooo sweet and my body was telling me NO WAY. lol.

I still have big eyes though and mentally I adore sweets but physically my body has really changed.

WHere are my experts? Does this have to do with the pancreas resetting it's insulin levels since we only eat set meals and no permasnacking? I think this sounds like a good reason that might be?
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18