Introduction

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

The Preacher

Introduction

Post by The Preacher » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:00 pm

Hello all. I'm new to this diet and decided to join your board. I call myself The Preacher because I am a minister. Also because it makes me think of Clint Eastwood in Pale Rider.

I read about this diet about a year ago. The past couple of weeks I started to slowly implement it. I can't say that I follow it to the letter yet, but I do follow the spirit. ie, last night my dinner was more than one plate...but it was still one reasonable meal and much less than I would normally eat. It was a moderate plate of angel hair pasta with turkey Italian sausage, a small bowl of yogart with berries, and kicked it off with a big bowl of cooked veggies. Making sure I get sufficient veggies and fruit.
I hereby command you: Be strong and couragous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. -- Joshua 1:9

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:39 am

Good for you, Preacher! Small steps, remember...inch by inch life's a cinch! Yard by yard, life is hard! I'm a middle school teacher!!!!!
mimi
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:57 am

Welcome! You sound like one tough preacher :-)

I'm a big Clint Eastwood fan myself (and and even bigger bible fan).

Reinhard

The Preacher

Post by The Preacher » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:25 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys. This is the most sensible plan I've come across. A couple of years ago I lost 30 pounds fast on a low-carb diet. Then I started imagining what my colon would be like in 10 years. Besides, the real issue for me is gluttony. This plan is geared toward the real issue.

I'm starting this in the obese range....220 pounds as a man of 5'5''. I know people don't call that obese, but that's part of the problem. The numbers don't lie. As a society we've accepted overweight as average. We don't call obesity what it is until it gets to morbid obesity (medical term...not cruel term). According to actuary tables I should be about 140! BTW - I'm 39 years old.
I hereby command you: Be strong and couragous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. -- Joshua 1:9

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:38 am

We can only start where we are. I am morbidly obese as well. Working hard to pitch the "morbid" part.
Best of luck and welcome.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

mimi

Post by mimi » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:49 am

Amen, Pangelsue! I am not morbidly obese, but I can assure you that my 30 pounds is just as difficult to lose as someone else's 100. It's not the poundage for me, it's the issues and bad habits behind and responsible for those pounds! So, to repeat because it's worth repeating, we can only start where we are.
By the way Preacher, here is my favorite Bible verse for dieting that someone else pointed out to me not too long ago: Colossians 2:21 - Touch not; taste not; handle not. This pretty much takes care of snacking, don't you think??!!!! :)
mimi
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

The Preacher

Post by The Preacher » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:33 pm

Very Nice Bible Quote! It is almost funny how that one is perfect for dieting. After posting yesterday I worried a bit that my post may come across as harsh, which wasn't the intention. I'm glad you two didn't see it that way. I'm just trying to be real with myself.