Knee injury

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Ann

Knee injury

Post by Ann » Tue May 15, 2007 9:53 pm

Hi,
I would like to try this No S. Normally I keep my weight somewhat under control with exercising. I am now dealing with a knee injury which is keeping me from my normal exercise program, so now I have to watch what I eat, which I am no good at.

I have been reading on this board for awhile now and would very much like to join this wonderful group of people. Even though my weight hasn't been to bad, my cholesterol is anther story. Seems like this No S will help that as well. By the way, I am already gaining weight and I have only had this knee problem for a week, its going to take 6 weeks to heal. I can add the pounds in my head after 5 more weeks! Not good :shock:

A good day to everyone!
Ann

zoolina

Post by zoolina » Wed May 16, 2007 6:36 am

Ann,

I can really understand your position. I had a sports injury about 18 months ago, and though I'm more or less recovered, my physical therapist has forbidden me to do any sports where I have to run or jump.

What happened with me is that I gained about 5 pounds right off the bat then my weight stabilized to fit my new (non)activity level. It's frustrating, because those 5 pounds seem to be a part of me now. But I'm pretty sure that you won't keep gaining indefinitely. And any weight you gain in 6 weeks will come right off when you start exercising again.

Good Luck!

Zoolina

Ann

Post by Ann » Wed May 16, 2007 4:37 pm

Thank you, zoolina, what you said makes me feel much better and positive about my situation!

Ann

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed May 16, 2007 6:32 pm

Welcome, Ann!

Sorry about your knee, but zoonlina is right, you probably can't extrapolate from this first week.

Still, I hope you find No S useful, even beyond these 6 weeks.

Best,

Reinhard

Ann

Post by Ann » Wed May 23, 2007 10:53 pm

Thank you very much for the welcome, Reinhard! Yes, I hope to be using this for a life time. The older I get, the harder it is for weight management. Did ok last week, except for one night I had ice cream with my hubby. So far so good this week. I am going to keep positive. One night of ice cream is a far cry from dessert everynight, which is what I have been doing.

Ann :)

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon May 28, 2007 10:34 pm

I can't prove this, but my improvement in cholesterol can be attributed only to reducing my eating to three meals a day. I don't even eat reasonable meals, but my cholesterol came down 30 points.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Ann

Post by Ann » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:51 pm

That is so cool, Kevin! Very encouraging to me that my cholesterol will possiblly come down also. Haven't been doing so great No S wise, but still better than normal. I have enlisted my husband as my diet coach, hoping that will help me during the week with No S.

Have a great day! :)
Ann