I Done Fell Off'n the Wagon!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

storm fox

Post by storm fox » Thu May 17, 2007 2:22 pm

The last week of class and finals week, I buckled. I fell completely off the wagon and everything else was a deck of cards. The diet went, then the energy went, then I felt all crappy, and then the training went. My typical spring allergies followed, and it has taken until today to resolve to get back on the wagon.

A further note: I never realized how important the habit of breakfast is until now. Without a good first meal, my energy is erratic, my resolve crumbles, and I fall apart.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu May 17, 2007 3:23 pm

It happens. Welcome back!

Breakfast seems to be the meal people think most they can skip. But they're just sabotaging themselves -- they'll more than make up for it with snacks later.

Reinhard

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu May 17, 2007 3:36 pm

Glad you're back. I second what Reinhard says. And I think also not getting enough fruits and veggies really sabotages a person. I've been slacking in that department and struggling as a result.

Keep on keepin on :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Mon May 21, 2007 3:20 pm

Well done getting back on No S again! I think that the ability to recommit after lapsing is what makes for long-term success.

And Finals are a very stressful time, you're under so much pressure.

Welcome back, Storm fox.

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri May 25, 2007 6:30 pm

Me too. Lots of stress. A Failure Friday. Vacation starting on Saturday, and extending through Monday (which I took as an S-day, but was a pretty binge-y one.)

So... the scale is telling me I messed up. I am ignoring it and concentrating on habits. Have done well since Tuesday.

The nice thing about this wagon is that you CAN really get back on.